Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008  (Read 6086 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:50:23 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06302008

Perhaps not the best thread title in this strip, but something I often wonder myself.

Like why do I read a comic that is so SAD? The last thing I need in life is MORE SAD.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 08:53:31 pm »

I was going to go with "I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises," personally.

I didn't have a bachelor party, on account of living in a different state at the time. Looking back, this was probably for the best.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises - June 30 2008
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 08:57:38 pm »

yes, that was the other possibility.

Also: I see that Aveda sells Humectant Pomade and Anti-Humectant Pomade.  What happens if they meet?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises - June 30 2008
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 09:13:32 pm »

yes, that was the other possibility.

Also: I see that Aveda sells Humectant Pomade and Anti-Humectant Pomade.  What happens if they meet?

They annihilate each other and their combined mass is converted into energy? Aveda could start development on humectant/anti-humectant collision drives.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:33 pm »

God, this reads like every party I ever planned.  Excepting my wedding, thankfully - but I attribute that to my wife's presence.  I'm planning a birthday party now (for me); so far my uncle has declined, my best friend since knucklehead times has opened the Evite, but not replied (ditto for my dad), and one of my brothers hasn't checked his email for a week.  I'd worry about his health, but it turns out he's one of those people who could apparently carry on living if the Internet disappeared tomorrow.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

connorbd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:23:33 am »

You know, the way things were going I figured Teodor would be the first person to piss everyone off with being emo. But Beef... he's in full-blown meltdown mode, and no one wants to be around him except Ray. Been there done that. It sucks.

Beef being Beef, of course, most of this is understandable. Most. But what he did to Teodor is borderline unforgiveable.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 12:35:26 am »

This is what I would imagine my bachelor party being like. Except I wouldn't know what a humectant was and I have no idea who would even be planning it.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 12:39:50 am »

Or end up googling "humectant " to see if theres anything in it i can get high on.... like drinking sterno.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 01:08:21 am »

*weeps*
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises - June 30 2008
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 02:11:40 am »

Quote from: nDed
Aveda could start development on humectant/anti-humectant collision drives.

I feel the same way about Dayquil and Nyquil.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 02:18:00 am »

Beef being Beef, of course, most of this is understandable. Most. But what he did to Teodor is borderline unforgiveable.

No way, it was totally Teodor's fault.  he blew up first, he was the one slamming Beef's family, and after all, whose wedding is it anyway? Not Teodor's.

I am defending the honor of a talking cat in his argument with an alive stuffed animal.  It is time to stick my head in the oven.
Logged

connorbd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 05:35:50 am »

No way, it was totally Teodor's fault.  he blew up first, he was the one slamming Beef's family, and after all, whose wedding is it anyway? Not Teodor's.

I am defending the honor of a talking cat in his argument with an alive stuffed animal.  It is time to stick my head in the oven.

That doesn't make Beef any less an ungrateful jerkass. He and Teodor are, as we're discovering, two of a kind; it's just that Teodor puts on the brave front while Beef wears it on his sleeve. Beef fucked up be refusing to be grateful for a good friend's best efforts, even if it wasn't his sort of thing.

And let's see where that leaves him -- Ray, who is hosting and is sort of oblivious; Lyle, who couldn't care less; Philippe, who is way, way too young; Pat, who would have to top for Rod even if Rod wasn't a bottom because he's already got a pole shoved up his ass; Todd, who nobody ever wants around anyway; and Nice Pete, who is of low mind (infernally so). And we already know Cornelius, Emeril, and Spongebath won't be there for whatever reason. No, unless Ramses Luther and Ghost O' Molly's Dad can show Beef a good time like he's never seen, Beef's SOL. And evidently that hasn't come to pass, as we see in the last panels.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 06:41:56 am »

Pat, who would have to top for Rod even if Rod wasn't a bottom because he's already got a pole shoved up his ass;

Beef's misery aside, cann'd for this.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 11:17:55 am »


I am defending the honor of a talking cat in his argument with an alive stuffed animal.  It is time to stick my head in the oven.

Here's a can before you go.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: WHY must I live like a fool? June 30 2008
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 01:43:02 pm »

A cat such as Roast Beef is only meant to know happiness for as long as it takes to hurt him.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up