Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster  (Read 3344 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:32:55 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07072008

Mittelschmerz is pain in the midsection experienced at or around ovulation. A clyster is an antiquated word for an enema, particularly one administered with a certain type of syringe. So... I guess Molly wants to hit her mother in the ovary with an enema device or something.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:11:33 pm »

How come Teodor doesn't just hire an assistant?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:13:15 pm »

Today I learned that Tommy Bahama apparently didn't go out of business in 1987. I love the sweat pouring off of Teodor just typing his schedule. I can't wait to see what he looks like actually doing it.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 01:22:06 pm »

Just once I'd like to hear the Technical Staff apologize for being a dong in the main all week.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:49:06 pm »

Seriously though, hot tongs or hot bowls or hot silverware or hot anything that comes in contact with a salad is disgusting. My meal room at college insists on having hot steaming salad bowls. Do you know how fuck*ng gross that is? To put your cold delicious salad in a bowl so hot it turns any fluid into sweat? Then taking that one first bite and vomiting in your mouth? And then killing every single person in the production chain, one by one, with a spoon?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 07:21:55 pm »

I guess this couldn't possibly go well.

I rock the solo diner lunch quite frequently, so there's a pretty even chance that I will be following R.B. for my last act as a lone ranger.

I remember once being in the car with my friend's oldest brother on the way to his wedding.  He was freaking out over what the last album he'd listen to as a single man would be. (it was a longish drive)  He settled on Belle & Sebastian's "If You're Feeling Sinister."  This was 1998.  Given the horrific, wife cheating on husband with husbands best friend way that marriage turned out, I'm profoundly ambivalent about how appropriate a choice it was.

And I love Ray's total fail.

this arc is about three feet away from being my favorite ever.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:47:34 pm »

Is my last blah blah as a single blah really a thing?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:52:23 pm »

I don't know if its a thing.  I think it's just an idea sentimental people have independently and with some frequency.

The less sentimental seem to like (at least the idea of) one last meaningless fuck.  To which I say: is that sort of thing *really* what you're going to miss the most about not being tied down?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 08:02:09 pm »

Is my last blah blah as a single blah really a thing?

Meh, yes and no.  I remember thinking "This is my last breakfast as a single man" the morning of my wedding, and various other crap like that in the days leading up to it.  But none of it was particularly substantial.

I've been married seven years now, and I frequently eat lunch by myself wherever the hell I want.  (Having a job out of the house helps in that regard.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:58:47 pm »

I must have done the whole Best Man's speech thing wrong.  I thought it was supposed to go down as a toast at the wedding reception.  Is it supposed to happen at the rehearsal dinner?  Sorry about that Len, Scott, & Steve.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 02:09:28 am »

so instead of dressing up like "someone else" roast beef dresses up like he's in "my chemical romance"

that is horrible
Logged

jlk7e

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 03:53:12 am »

I am with Jorge - Ray gave T $100K - surely he can use some of that money to hire people to help him so that he doesn't have something different to do every fifteen seconds.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 03:57:34 am »

Sorry about that Len, Scott, & Steve.

So either you've given multiple best man speeches or you gave one at  a wedding of three people all of whom have gender ambiguous names.
Please don't elaborate, my imaginary world is much more interesting.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 04:32:53 am »

The fries really just do slow you down.

It is completely true.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 7 July 2008 - a mittelschmerz-inducing clyster
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 06:53:48 am »

So either you've given multiple best man speeches or you gave one at  a wedding of three people all of whom have gender ambiguous names.
Please don't elaborate, my imaginary world is much more interesting.


I don't know what it is like in Australia, but here only one of those names is gender ambiguous.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up