Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"  (Read 3793 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07222008

Some really puzzling character development on Ramses.  Is he so manly that he swings both ways, or is he so manly that he was dropping into Red territory to fight for freedom?  OR BOTH???
Logged

memnarch

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:43:57 pm »

Woohoo! The Tenmen have arrived!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramses has done pretty much everything, as long as it doesn't involve sitting behind a desk or being a pansy.
Logged
I...but...it's...not...it's totally...it's...Y...you're not the boss of...me? -Scott Pilgrim

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 05:46:14 pm »

Woohoo! The Tenmen have arrived!

I do like the stretch 1936 Ford Woody, complete with stretch surfboards attached to the top.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 05:59:46 pm »


Some really puzzling character development on Ramses.  Is he so manly that he swings both ways,

No: note it was 'an extra seat' on the flight. This detail is significant. He was not with the group. Although clearly he was manly enough not to fear being in an enclosed space with them for many hours.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 06:18:56 pm »

The tenmen walk in formation.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:57:26 pm »

Quote
No: note it was 'an extra seat' on the flight. This detail is significant. He was not with the group. Although clearly he was manly enough not to fear being in an enclosed space with them for many hours.

yeah, but he is remembering how he could not get Rod Huggins' dick out of his mind.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 07:06:38 pm »

I can't believe Pat arrived in a car from 1975. I figured he'd have a hybrid TDI modified to run on used cooking oil and rage.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 08:32:33 pm »

yeah, but he is remembering how he could not get Rod Huggins' dick out of his mind.
Maybe picnic basket isn't a euphemism in this case.

Also, if it were a euphemism, it seems unlikely (imo)  that it'd be a euphemism for a dick.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:39:30 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:12:37 pm »

I can't believe Pat arrived in a car from 1975. I figured he'd have a hybrid TDI modified to run on used cooking oil and rage.
I looks kind of like a Mustang II, which really was an economy car.

I don't think the picnic basket is a euphemism.  He was literally thinking about a well stocked, Hickory Farms sampler while showing the Pride of Havana the errors of their ways.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 10:36:07 pm »

Picnic Panic sounds like a game from Mario Party, and just as I'm typing this I've lost my original point and am now imagining Mario and Toad getting hot and heavy.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:21:12 pm »

I don't think the picnic basket is a euphemism.  He was literally thinking about a well stocked, Hickory Farms sampler while showing the Pride of Havana the errors of their ways.

Bu I thought the idea is that they forgot the picnic basket, and they get so panicked about the forgotten picnic basket that they fuck.  Maybe that's only in XXIV and each Picnic Panic has a different cause of the panic.  Maybe in Picnic Panic II they panic because it's Hickory Farms.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 12:05:57 am »

Bu I thought the idea is that they forgot the picnic basket, and they get so panicked about the forgotten picnic basket that they fuck. 

Oh.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to go sit next to Death Ray in the Cone of Ignorance.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 01:07:01 am »

There are presumably variations on a theme. Maybe this time he brought the wrong picnic basket and got so panicked that he ended up fuck*ng.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 03:12:11 am »

People have strange cares when they travel across national borders and against sanctions to beat other men to a pulp.

Who knows, scenes from Picnic Panic 2 (a grisly montage of man-on-man action juxtaposed with a stiff hickory farms summer sausage) inspired Ramses to convert Castro to Castrato in the bloodiest manner possible.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: July 22, 2008 - "Sixteen hour illegal gay party flight into Havana"
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 04:16:05 am »

Does Ramses have a ducktail?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up