Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 25th July 2008 - Koodge  (Read 7796 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 02:26:12 am »

Mos Nef is... I don't know, I'm looking for an analogy here.

He's a thing that can be very useful as a small factor in a large mix and is terrible as the main factor.

My analogizer is broken right now but you get the point.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 03:14:34 am »

I wouldn't call being crushed by a crate of clown shoes as being capped exactly.  Dude was cold murdered with a pistol by a medieval badass.  I mean, he didn't flinch, he just pulled out his pistol and wasted him. 

Not even that, he whistled as he wandered over to do the deed. Iorwerth is a stone cold gangsta.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

piecewise

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 03:37:15 am »

Mos Nef is... I don't know, I'm looking for an analogy here.

He's a thing that can be very useful as a small factor in a large mix and is terrible as the main factor.

My analogizer is broken right now but you get the point.

I nominate vinegar?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 05:11:04 am »

I don't understand the LN hate.  C'mon this strip  is basically like treasure.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 06:16:18 am »

I don't understand the LN hate.  C'mon this strip  is basically like treasure.

I don't understand the hate of any one character -- LN, Molly, Philippe?  But then I was raised by hippies.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 03:17:06 pm »

I don't understand the LN hate.  C'mon this strip  is basically like treasure.

Not to mention this one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 03:21:21 pm »

Not to mention this one.

Here Here!

Also, little Charlie Smuckles blog makes me giggle.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 02:12:27 pm »

Ok, first off:

Oh, little Nephew...  Is there anything less more gangsta than being shot, point blank, with a blunderbuss by an ancient Welshman?  No.  No, there is not.

Yeah, I fixed that for you. Free of charge. Seriously, "blunderbuss" is now what I would like on my death certificate under "cause of death". I will be disappointed by anything less, except possibly "Utahraptor".

And secondly, it's official: my girlfriend and I are in fact Molly and Roast Beef. I mean, I had seen the parallels before, i.e. I am an intelligent, morbid, obsessive-compulsive-depressive, she is from the United Kingdom, I have anxiety attacks, and she calms me down better than http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorazepam ever could. But

Quote from: Molly
All the magazines are saying that terrible is the new horrible and that must be why I love you...

simply clinched it. I have had this exact sentiment expressed to me, just not in the same words. What I'm saying is, it mystifies me not only why my girlfriend would actually put up with me, but why she actually prefers me to other people. I mean, she has no glaring personality disorder that I can see, and that's the first thing I checked. Maybe some of you people who are older more experienced can shed some light for me on why it is that Molly, and by extension, my girlfriend, and by further extension, a certain category of female, would willingly pick a guy who's quite clearly completely fuck*ng nuts. I would like to open this discussion.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 04:37:35 pm »

Seriously, "blunderbuss" is now what I would like on my death certificate under "cause of death". I will be disappointed by anything less, except possibly "Utahraptor".

You should get a life insurance policy that pays double if your cause of death was hilarious. Blunt force trauma from a glockenspiel. Semi-auto-erotic asphyxiation during relations with clone of self. Round, black bomb with sizzling fuse.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 04:57:08 pm »

I'll settle for a grand piano falling out of an apartment building window.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 07:29:19 pm »

You should get a life insurance policy that pays double if your cause of death was hilarious. Blunt force trauma from a glockenspiel. Semi-auto-erotic asphyxiation during relations with clone of self. Round, black bomb with sizzling fuse.
I want some sort of expansion on permitted funeral arrangements to happen in our society.

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 06:48:51 am »

I want some sort of expansion on permitted funeral arrangements to happen in our society.

For some reason all I can think of now is being solemnly fired from a trebuchet, like a one gun salute to myself.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 07:35:57 am »

My dad has always insisted on a viking funeral on his surfboard with his dog. This doesn't even seem vaguely legal.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 09:02:37 am »

My dad has always insisted on a viking funeral on his surfboard with his dog. This doesn't even seem vaguely legal.

The mourners all in black swim shorts and black bikinis. Surfboard carried into the sea on the shoulders of tan, muscled pallbearers. The board catches one last perfect wave as it burst into flame.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 10:11:02 am »

Shit. Legal or not I'm doing it now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up