Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31549 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Pretend Football 08
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:36:55 pm »

American Football is about to begin so that means another season of TOUAMB fantasy football.
I have taken the liberty to set up the league. It is essentially the same as last year, but not with the live draft and I am allowing 2 defensive teams instead of 1. We can change whatever later.
League ID: 225498
League Name: Touamb 08
League Password: roastbeef
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/touamb08

- Without Wax
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:56:35 am »

I am signed in as Modern Guilt and... I was only okay last year, I am much better at Pretend Baseball.

My only squabble would be the limit of 12 teams... if last year was a guide, we might be able to get 14 teams or something. These things are always the more the merrier, of course.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 04:18:55 am »

You da man, ACAP.

I'm meditating on team names at the moment.  Makes me as useful as Tits on a Boar.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:52:07 pm »

I kind of understand kicking sports more than batting sports.

So as long as you don't mind me fouling up the place I'll see if I do well in this.

Admittedly I didn't do very well in Baseball.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:48:22 am »

Sex Traction is ready for action!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 04:27:39 am »

Sex Traction is ready for action!

You've been working on that all weekend haven't you?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:06 pm »

Yay!  The Lab Rats live to suck another season!

Although: Auto-draft will probably make me not brainlock and choose all kinds of bad choices.  Maybe.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:19:43 pm »

You've been working on that all weekend haven't you?

The rhyme was unintentional, and in fact not even noticed until five minutes after I posted it. Then again, they didn't think "Austin 3:16" would be a big deal either. I'm getting the t-shirts ready as we speak.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 12:18:14 pm »

Cue Hank Jr.

I am ready, ready, ready.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 03:42:38 pm »

I'd like to take part, but I may not be the most active player due to work travel. So just let me know if you dudes need an extra warm body to round out the roster.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 02:58:11 am »

We could still use another team or 3 if anyone is on the fence.
Any requests for draft date?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 02:34:45 pm »

Anybody know what's up with the Brett Favre fellow?  I can't seem to find anything about him on the teevee news.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 02:59:11 pm »

Anybody know what's up with the Brett Favre fellow?  I can't seem to find anything about him on the teevee news.

I think it's Farve.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 03:32:04 pm »

Anybody know what's up with the Brett Favre fellow?  I can't seem to find anything about him on the teevee news.
I heard he took a shit earlier today. It was solid and curved, dark brown. He might shave later, but thats really just speculation and ESPN will only do 5 segments about it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 06:07:21 pm »

I think it's Farve.

Quote from: front page of espn.com
A lack of trust destroyed Brett Favre and the Packers. And now Favre is in a New York (Jets) state of mind, leaving Green Bay to live with the aftermath.

Quote from: Ben Stiller's character in There's Something About Mary
What about Brett Fav... ruh?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up