Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 08:41:07 pm »

I thought he was joking, also, I might play, wouldn't be able until like tuesday at the earliest though, if you still need an extra dude.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 08:42:34 pm »

I thought he was joking, also, I might play, wouldn't be able until like tuesday at the earliest though, if you still need an extra dude.

Yeah. There's so little news on this guy you can hardly blame a fellow for not knowing his name.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 10:28:32 pm »

Nabu sent a link today inviting some people to a recreated FFL. I dont know if he's trying to compete or didn't see this league.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 10:33:09 pm »

My apologies, all, for the mass-emailing. Haven't been around in a bit and had not seen this. If there's a spot left I'll certainly take it if that's cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 10:35:24 pm »

yeah, were actually at an odd number right now so that would be great.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 10:42:48 pm »

I'm in. Eight teams is going to be kind of unbalanced, though - it's be nice to get at least two more.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 11:00:13 pm »

Right, I welcome KeithHernandez and anyone else who wants a stab at it
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 07:49:07 am »

I'll play, getting real internet tomorrow at night so, yeah.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

suttbecks

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 01:55:45 am »

I've never posted here before, but I joined your fantasy football league because I like fantasy football and I like fantasy football in the company of those with similar taste in comics and humour.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 04:48:31 am »

As good a reason as any.  Welcome!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

suttbecks

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 08:33:19 pm »

Though, I'm not so sure I like this idea of an autodraft, as I like picking my own players
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 08:41:32 pm »

Right out of the gate with the nit-picking.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 12:06:27 am »

Right out of the gate with the nit-picking.

Yeah.  You should fit right in around here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 06:24:40 am »

I'm in.  Notorious something, haven't decided yet.


Edit: that makes 11, thought it would be twelve.  Can drop if I need. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 09:51:57 am »

Hang in there... hopefully, we'll find a twelfth.

The more in the league, the better the play.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up