Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2008, 01:04:58 am »

Gotta love a Sunday where you made every possible roster choice incorrectly.
I wasnt even allowed to make a wrong choice. My entire team and bench are injured or bye week. I think im predicted to score like 35 points with a kicker and a running back.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2008, 01:36:10 am »

How was choosing the QB up against the goddamned Rams the bad choice?

This is what I really don't get.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2008, 10:52:26 pm »

He's sick. My POS quarterback is sick, and didn't play today. Double-u, tee, eff. On the other hand, my K had a hat-kick, all three over 40 yards. Gonna need all those extra points if I hope to stand any kind of chance this week.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2008, 12:21:55 am »

Basically, everyone on my team is injured.

Yeah.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2008, 10:35:19 pm »

God damnit!
Why didn't my trade for Deuce go through yesterday?  Now I've got a freaking empty roster slot for week 5.

Shit!

Not that it would make much difference in the 40 point gap between me and A-CAP.  Still though.  Pride.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2008, 11:14:41 pm »

Yeah, this is interesting... I got more dogs in the fight, but one of my dogs is dependent on your dog for pretty much all of his performance.

You're up by nine (thanks a fuck*ng lot, Schaub). For me to have a chance, Reggie needs to get a ball a lot, and get in the end zone at least one, possibly twice.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2008, 10:17:33 pm »

Recap: Reggie Bush went off for 2 TD's on his own and 'Haus pulled it out by two.

I hate this game. I'm averaging over 100 pts. a week and I'm 2-3.

This is why we play the fantasy game. I was watching this game at the gym, confusing the people around me by swearing at the Saints' success on a play, and then celebrating that same team the very next play. I'm kinda the opposite of you - I have a decent 3-1-1 record, despite not lighting up the scoreboard very much (this week being an exception).
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2008, 12:09:04 am »

Anybody interested in trading for a good TE (Tony Scheffler)?  I'm looking for a second DEF, or maybe a WR.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2008, 11:21:31 pm »

Damn Ash, its not like you're short on running backs - you've gotta go and snake Willie off the waivers?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:32 pm »

Anybody interested in trading for a good TE (Tony Scheffler)?  I'm looking for a second DEF, or maybe a WR.
You might want to add a QB to that wish list...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2008, 01:57:35 am »

You might want to add a QB to that wish list...

Mee-oooww!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2008, 07:11:13 am »

I need a good receiver real bad, if anyone has one.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2008, 07:12:21 am »

I am open to all trades. Submit your offers to Stoned Lightning
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2008, 07:31:04 am »

I think I might have made my team good enough to sneak into the playoffs if aaron rodgers stays healthy and either a wide receiver or two I have step up a bit or I get a real good one somehow.  From what I understand unless you have like 2 or 3 guys the tight end position is shit, is this right?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2008, 10:58:24 pm »

Fact: The Saints have become terrible.
Fact: The only consistent player on the Saints is out for at least three weeks.
Fact: Three of my starters (including that one) are Saints.

I wish we could trade players for draft picks for next year. I would go straight into rebuilding mode. I have a couple of decent folks, but I will not be making the playoffs this year.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up