Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN  (Read 17378 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« on: August 19, 2008, 08:42:35 am »

Permalink.

I kind of want to read The Kid Who Arrested Metallica!
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 09:57:57 am »

I am so disappointed in Philippe's mom. She seemed so nice!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:16:44 am »

I am so disappointed in Philippe's mom. She seemed so nice!

Nah, I personally have always taken 'not the buckle' to be canon.
Anyway isn't there a thing where if someone is at a certain stage of decrepitude we just take their x-isms in stride and say 'oh they belong to a different generation'.

The bit about Phillipe's mom yanking him and sending him somewhere worse further deepens the mystery that is Phillipe's place in the world of Achewood.


I will learn THE TRUTH ABOUT WHEN HIPPOS PEE.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »

Nah, I personally have always taken 'not the buckle' to be canon.

Yep, I always found it a bit mystifying that Phillipe would be so worried about sin and thinking dirty thoughts and so on; that reeks of early indoctrination.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:43:47 pm »

When hippos poop, they squirt it all over the place to mark their territory. I don't remember anything about pee.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 01:27:34 pm »

When hippos poop, they squirt it all over the place to mark their territory. I don't remember anything about pee.

Education.


The fries I ate for lunch yesterday could've used some sin. Or Old Bay.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 01:32:16 pm »

Yeah, when that hippos tail starts to spinnin' it's time to haul ass out of the hippo enclosure.

I found this out the hard way.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 01:35:37 pm »

Yeah, when that hippos tail starts to spinnin' it's time to haul ass out of the hippo enclosure.

I found this out the hard way.

Something I would have preferred to read at pretty much any time other than just after having eaten lunch and already feeling uncomfortably full.

Hippo are awesome though - saw plenty when I was in Tanzania last year. Bloody lethal animals considering they're herbivores...
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 02:23:29 pm »

Yeah, when that hippos tail starts to spinnin' it's time to haul ass out of the hippo enclosure.

I found this out the hard way.

Pictures or it never happened.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 04:33:53 pm »

Not only is Onstad not making this up, he's not exaggerating either. http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp?wpc=tractlist.asp&wpp=a
I just read the one about how Roman Catholics are evil and all going to hell.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 04:45:19 pm »

Not only is Onstad not making this up, he's not exaggerating either. http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp?wpc=tractlist.asp&wpp=a
I just read the one about how Roman Catholics are evil and all going to hell.

First time you ever saw a Chick Tract?

HAW HAW HAW!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 04:49:36 pm »


Oops!
A young man goofs when he is talked out of receiving Jesus as Saviour. Adapted for Black audices.

Death Cookie, The
Introduces Catholics to the real Bread of Life, Jesus Christ.

Sissy?, The
Duke thought Jesus was a sissy, until a trucker explained to him the horrible price Jesus paid so his sins could be forgiven. Then Duke saw that Jesus had more guts than anyone who ever lived. Great for truckers and bikers!

Unwelcome Guest, The
Larry thought becoming a Mason would help him in business. But when he took the oath, he picked up something he didn't plan on.

so good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 05:06:21 pm »

I will never get the whole "Catholics are going to hell" thing. Last I checked that's the church that Jesus specifically started. Do these people think he just started it as like a joke or some kind of test? I don't get this at all.

Also, I Don't Want To Be Elfstar Any More. I Want To Be More Breakfast!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 05:47:39 pm »

I mean, it is not exactly a matter of absolute historical record that jesus said "hey, you guys, you go pick a pope and be my church. make people confess their sins and take communion. Also, have a lot of stuff about my Mom in there."

Like, it was founded by the disciples, right? My understanding is that Catholics are heading to Hellfire because the catholic church focuses so much on ritual and stuff that isn't anywhere in the bible, rather than having a personal relationship with jesus, etc. The whole Protestantism split was based on this, right? Luther deciding that Catholics weren't following Jesus' teachings?
I find the catholic church compelling, Religion should definitely have heck of ritual associated with it. Lots of chanting and stuff.
 mostly because I get it from both sides in exciting, ethnic ways-- spanish catholics to the left of me, irish catholics to the right.

(here I am, lapsed in the middle with you)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 05:50:47 pm »

I will never get the whole "Catholics are going to hell" thing. Last I checked that's the church that Jesus specifically started. Do these people think he just started it as like a joke or some kind of test? I don't get this at all.

Well... if Jesus was a beach ball in 1517, you would have seen a scene where Martin Luther just mad ran with it under his arm to a new beach, and lots of people ran away with him, and soon lots of people had their own balls which they swear it's the official one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:54:45 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up