Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN  (Read 17307 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 10:00:37 pm »

I encountered Jack Chick for the first time in much the same fashion as I lost my virginity - it was discreet, quiet, and in a public restroom.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 11:30:16 pm »

I first found out about Jack Chick through Space Moose.

Did anyone else learn the error of their ways by the same path?
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 02:20:51 am »

The first Chick tract (albeit slightly modified) I saw was God Hates The Scene.


I don't think people leave them lying around in Australia because not as many of our Christians are totally batshit insane.  Well, beyond the normal batshit insanity that comes along with believing in any religion, that is.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 03:58:44 am »

Quote from: colmore
We believe that people with good souls will be visible on earth because when they work hard they get a good life.

Ah, the Protestant fuck*ng Work Ethic.

My REAL nemesis.

People running around trying to prove that God loves them by lying cheating and stealing Stuff, so that they can convince others that God just gave them all that stuff because God thinks they're awesome, so that they can convince themselves that God loves them via some fuck*ng ridiculous mental gymnastics.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 04:03:34 am »

Ah, the Protestant fuck*ng Work Ethic.

My REAL nemesis.

People running around trying to prove that God loves them by lying cheating and stealing Stuff, so that they can convince others that God just gave them all that stuff because God thinks they're awesome, so that they can convince themselves that God loves them via some fuck*ng ridiculous mental gymnastics.
You have a serious misunderstanding of anything even related to the protestant work ethic. yikes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 04:39:12 am »

No no no, I know how the Protestant Work Ethic is "supposed" to work. How it is claimed to work.

I didn't need to type the textbook theoretical sanitized version of it, anybody can Wikipedia that shit.

I hate how it actually works, which I explained above.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 04:52:23 am »

The thing that I always have trouble fitting my head around is the whole faith vs. works thing where (this is just my understanding and could be wrong) Jacky C and his ilk (J.C.! I just noticed that...) will tell you that you can live the most caring giving life possible but if you don't give skybeard his regular props he will set fire to you forever and you will totally deserve it.
It reminds me of older religions (let's say greek pantheon) where it was kind of implicit that you didn't worship the gods because they were deserving of it but because they would fuck your shit up if you didn't. It just seems like a whole different philosophy to mainstream christianity (and even Islam and Judaism for that matter).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 05:14:27 am »

I just have to say, Skybeard and His Regular Props somehow strikes me as a band name I have to add to the List.
Logged
~

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 06:27:23 am »

The band name is the shortest form of poetry.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 08:55:24 am »

For One Can, I will absolve your sins and let you start anew.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 10:10:41 am »

This List should be published. Like, here, or someplace. It would be a boon to your fellow man.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 11:11:59 am »

For One Can, I will absolve your sins and let you start anew.

I'll go for that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 02:06:31 pm »

Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 03:42:41 pm »

When I was just a Fast Ninja, way back in primary school, I remember making things up to confess when my CCD class went to confession.  I knew I wasn't a perfect kid, but I thought it was shady that they'd expect 9-year-olds to have "sins" to confess that required the good Lord's notification.  The worst things I did were to prank-call neighbors and shoplift scratch-and-sniff stickers.  Even now, I do not believe these infractions to be the stuff of divine concern.  Absolution and penance should be used on those who need it.  God and I will have issues if I get blacklisted for having a rap sheet as innocuous as mine.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 19 Aug 2008 - Spiced with the eternal condiment of SIN
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 03:52:07 pm »

Yeah, when that hippos tail starts to spinnin' it's time to haul ass out of the hippo enclosure.

I found this out the hard way.

Indeed.  Been there, done that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up