Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quorn Turk'y: No. No. No. No. No.  (Read 6657 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Quorn Turk'y: No. No. No. No. No.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 04:29:34 pm »

I really like tofu. I think we might be eating... not really vegetarian, more like carbohydrate-atarian this year. Because cooking meat/buying meat/storing meat is more of a hassle.

Yesterday we ate so much macaroni and cheese. Hoo boy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Quorn Turk'y: No. No. No. No. No.
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 06:30:34 pm »

Look, I need something to put in my fuck*ng sandwiches.

I don't like fake meats.  But damnit if something between two slices of bread isn't the dominate lunch paradigm.

If it's just lettuce in there, it becomes a salad I can hold in my hands.

P.S.  A big "Fuck you" to restaurants with a garden burger as the sole vegetarian option.  I never want to eat another of those in my life.

Slice of tofu? Portabella mushroom? Avocado? Marmite?

I don't have an issue with non-animal-sources-of-protein-that-normally-come-from-animals, I just don't want the undue effort to try to fool people into thinking it's meat. Tofu is similar to cheese, sure, but that's because it's made in a similar fashion. Textured soy protein or mycoprotein texture loaf is an INTENTIONAL effort to say "Hey! This can be meat-like!"

Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
A woman's Quorn'd, or: Tales from the Quorn Hole
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 08:38:55 pm »

Now that my biology has run its course on this Quorn, I have to say: No. HELL NO. HELL NO!

Highlight if you want to see the grisly details. NOTE: You do not want to see the grisly details. Do not highlight.

As an omnivore with a very vegetable-heavy diet, I find a healthy mixture of soluble and insoluble fiber* to produce bulk and regularity.


Showbiz Kazenzakis would say -- "Hella plop-plops! Let's party!"

Whatever fiber is in Quorn Turk'y Loaf is an abomination and serves to maintain zero consistency. I thought the rocket-propelled soy deuces were hideous, but Lord, was I unprepared for Quorn. Quorn detritus has a cohesion best termed as "ropy", as if the Turk'y were attempting to rappel into the pool while Ahnold was on the top of this great big dung-rope, shouting "GET ON DA CHOPPAH!"


Quorn, you are Fired.



* banana and yeast smoothies, okra and lentil curries, spinach and celery based salads, whole-grain, self-baked barley and wheat bran bread, etc.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Quorn Turk'y: No. No. No. No. No.
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 10:10:50 pm »

Veggie hot dogs are not bad when compared to non-kosher dogs, etc, and can be nice when grilling with meat eaters.

Man, that is when I knew I should be a vegetarian.  My mom bought me some veggie hot dogs and I just freaked out at the perceived grossness.  Then I thought about all the hot dogs I had eaten up to then and realized, whatever in the fuck is in this, it is a ton better than whatever was in those hotdogs.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Quorn Turk'y: No. No. No. No. No.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 10:34:29 pm »

Man, that is when I knew I should be a vegetarian.  My mom bought me some veggie hot dogs and I just freaked out at the perceived grossness.  Then I thought about all the hot dogs I had eaten up to then and realized, whatever in the fuck is in this, it is a ton better than whatever was in those hotdogs.

I like the Boca bratwurst clones, have you had those?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: A woman's Quorn'd, or: Tales from the Quorn Hole
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 03:22:43 am »

!

I told you you didn't want to know.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Quorn Turk'y: No. No. No. No. No.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 10:46:03 pm »

Dude, I read it. I read it twice.

But my family talks about pooping at dinner. When we've gone out for dinner. At a place where t-shirts are "a little underdressed for a place like this."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Quorn Turk'y: No. No. No. No. No.
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 05:40:15 am »

I liked the fake turkey
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up