Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GOP Festival 2008!  (Read 18869 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 08:35:33 pm »

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/2008/09/jon-stewart-ann.html
This was absolutely hilarious. I especially liked the part where O'Reilly says that 16 year old spears' pregnancy should be blamed on poor parenting, then completely OKs teen pregnancy when it comes to Governor Palin.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 10:16:09 pm »

I'm not ashamed to admit it - I get 20% of my news from the Yahoo! front page, 35% from Countdown with Keith Olbermann, and 45% from The Daily Show.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 11:18:44 pm »

I get 50% of my news from NPR, 25% from Air America, 20% from assorted newspapers and 5% from Conspiracy Monster, a muppet that lives inside my head.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2008, 12:23:51 am »

If there were a Muppets news program on the air, I'd watch it. Come to think of it, I'd watch Muppets do just about anything.

Porn. I would not watch Muppets porn. I draw the line there.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2008, 12:29:10 am »

If there were a Muppets news program on the air, I'd watch it. Come to think of it, I'd watch Muppets do just about anything.

Porn. I would not watch Muppets porn. I draw the line there.

I believe there was a segment on the old Daily Show about just this genre.

Muppet Mythbusters would punish.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2008, 12:39:42 am »

Haven't you guys ever heard of GNN? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 12:49:42 am »

Haven't you guys ever heard of GNN? 
hahahah. "some grouches think the letter G is grouchy word because it starts words like "goo" "garbage"... and "gastroenteritis"

Tomorrow well go over basic shapes, like Circle, Square, and dodecadodecahedron.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2008, 01:14:08 am »

Haven't you guys ever heard of GNN? 

You do realize that I was afraid to click on that?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 01:39:25 am »

News flash:  Bobby has scarred Wombles.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 01:44:02 am »

You do realize that I was afraid to click on that?



Wombles, would I ever lead you astray? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 01:19:42 pm »

John McCain gave a speech.  When he was talking about tax policy, war, and domestic programs, I was very uncomfortable.  When he was talking about being a POW and fighting to win in November, I was with him all the way.  That leads me to believe that I am an idiot.

Also: Every time the crowd interrupted the speech to chant "USA, USA, USA" I was sure that all of Republicandom was piss-drunk.  It turns out they had planned the chant to shout down protesters.  I'd love to see video of protesters getting beaten and tear-gassed to the sound of the delegates chanting "USA USA!".  That would be a great.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 02:11:19 pm »

News flash:  Bobby has scarred Wombles.

Wasn't me.

I'd recommend Meet the Feebles.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 02:24:01 pm »

I'd recommend Meet the Feebles.
I'd vote for this man.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 04:26:29 pm »

Wasn't me.

That one wasn't you, no. You're just the one who's scarred me for life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 05:00:58 pm »

I like where that gal is coming from.

Kinda knocks the shine off of the intellectual or experience lightweight claims to me.

Absolutely.  I'm sure that the bureaucrat who wrote that letter is experienced and is no intellectual lightweight.

Yours,

AW
Experienced and intellectual bureaucrat
Letter Ghostwriter
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up