Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut  (Read 6915 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 12:51:33 am »

A girl I dated in high school had hell of weird belly-button issues.

Spill
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 01:54:20 am »

When I found out about the lymph system, I was filled with scientific curiosity for days. It is quite amazing. It's like a little world no one knows about, like Narnia in your body.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 01:54:20 am »

I got an infection in my belly button once.  It was hella gross. 

I had to clean it out with a cotton wool ball soaked in Dettol.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 01:56:01 am »

Quote
Spill

Not anything that interesting. She was just really grossed out by bellybuttons. No tickling near that area, no smooches in that area, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 02:59:34 am »

Not anything that interesting. She was just really grossed out by bellybuttons. No tickling near that area, no smooches in that area, etc.
A tongue in the bellybutton is a sensation not to be forgotten.

Provided it isn't your dog's.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 03:11:24 am »

I used to have a Thing about my bellybutton.  Loved it. 

Then the action moved South, and somehow, that little proclivity went the way of the Dodo. 

Also: When I was a kid, I was sort of fastidious about the cleanliness of my bellybutton, until my cousin told me that a guy at her high school actually turned his bellybutton inside out trying to dig around in it too much.  He had had an innie, and he made it an outie, and there was no way to put it back without, I dunno, surgery I guess. 

I left my beebo alone after that. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 05:40:54 pm »

A day later, I like this comic a lot a lot.

George Herriman (Krazy Kat) is one of my favorite artists because you can tell he was just having a great time doing what the hell he wanted, and he was so outside of peoples (I think even his own) ideas of what a comic strip "should" be that it was absolutely brilliant.  Webcomics are no less formulaic than comics of the teens - 40s were, and Onstad is a lot like Herriman.  Don't feel like drawing that same frame again?  OK, there's snow in the background now, and the rock formation is different.  Storylines tending toward too much romance?  No problem, one of the characters is leaking the fluid of life from his Navel.  There's a thrill to watching someone who is confident in his/her artistic freedom.

Oh and, I can't seem to get any of my comic nerd friends to get into Achewood.  It's.... kinda strange.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 12:38:33 am »

...Onstad is a lot like Herriman.

Pretty astute observation there. And like Krazy Kat, Achewood revels in its own bizarre patois.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up