Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo  (Read 44490 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrEctomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:36:01 pm »

My friend and I are going to get Achewood tattoos. I've bookmarked about 12 different comics that I might consider...I just can't decide.

At first I grappled with the idea of getting a three-panel strip, but I think I'll just stick with one panel.

What are some of your guys' favorite one-panel achewood moments that would make good tattoos?
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 08:51:13 pm »

Well you can't go wrong with the last panel of this one: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07312006
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:00:41 pm »

Oh, evil Victoria.

You know, I bow to no one in my slavish devotion to this strip but, tattoo? No.

And come to think of it, if you put a gun to my head, the tattoo would not be a picture - it would be some perfect line of dialog. Yes, I would tattoo a thread title on myself, since you asked.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »

Tattoos work best when the idea is purely graphic.  Something like:

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

MrEctomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:16:50 pm »

Tattoos work best when the idea is purely graphic.  Something like:



Not a bad idea!
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 11:43:22 pm »

Cartilage Head doing his thing
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 12:23:58 am »

I just got a Krazy Kat tattoo, it's one panel stretched to a 360 armband ... I'd been talking about getting this thing for about four years.

I can't find it, but Ray tearing apart Little Nephew's car by the lake would make an awesome design.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 12:37:34 am »

I think a two panel tattoo about KISS going to a grocery store and comparing their cocks to yams is probably your best bet.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 01:03:09 am »

man, the passive aggressive ragging on this guy was really unexpected.
As has been mentioned, my position on achewood tattoos is that I dont feel like explaining at parties that "this is a cat from a cartoon i read on the internet"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 01:16:12 am »

Just get Philippe standing on it. Conversation for years there.

That is actually a good idea.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 01:32:32 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 02:02:44 am »

That is actually a good idea.

Seconded. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 02:09:25 am »

I think if you're going to do it, go all out. Get a full-back tattoo of a decision-making chart.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 03:55:01 am »

"Would you like some frittata?"
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 05:11:03 am »

I want to have a tattoo, but there is nothing I would get tattooed on myself. Oh well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up