I enjoy listening to extremely self righteous folk music of the angry feminist variety. Don't think that would be up your alley, but if so, let me know.
Also, on the other end of the spectrum, if you want to be reminded of the number one reason to work out in the first place (fuck*ng, enjoying more fuck*ng, better fuck*ng), I highly recommend Peaches, all up tempo, electronic mixed with punk and... um... Peaches is hard to explain. Specific songs being:
Shake Yer Dix
I Don't Give a Fuck (perfect for when you want to up your RPMs)
Fuck or Kill (awesome opening: I'd rather fuck who I want/than kill who I am told!/I'd rather fuck who I want/than kill who I am told!)
I U She
Boys Want to Be Her (love the guitars on this one)
Fuck the Pain Away
Also:
The Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs - Phenomena
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun, Ugly, Dance Mother Fucker Dance
Queen - We Will Rock You
Outkast - Hey Yeah
Modest penis - Bukowski
Mika - Grace Kelly, Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), Love Today
Kanye West - Stronger
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
Beastie Boys - anything, if I were to recommend an album it would be the double album The Sounds of Silence. Even as a fan, I really love this compilation.
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Also, what I have been really digging lately is early Beatles stuff - love, love, love. It works with the endorphin rush for me anyway.
For the mostly cheery up-tempo East Coast drinking ditties, I highly recommend
Great Big Sea - the entire album "Up"
Also:
Henry Rollins - spoken word stuff (time flies)
...Sorry - got to get back to work!