Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...  (Read 6154 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« on: October 15, 2008, 10:03:16 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10152008

Is this the part where we talk about how horrible it is to go to a strip club?


[edit: it's October, not August]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:37:24 pm by CortJstr »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 August 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:26:29 pm »

she looks grotesque, yet also sort of like T's sister.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:29:39 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:50:26 pm »

She's horrifying. She looks like she's wearing some horrible mask. Why do the eyes look so horrid and dead when other characters in the strip have the same eyes and look normal?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:52:29 pm »

Why do the eyes look so horrid and dead...?

Because she's a stripper?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 11:14:54 pm »

Bachelor party? That's the only way I could see one remembering the exact date. And according to the touamb calendar, it wasn't your birthday.

The last time I went to a strip club was a couple of years ago in southern California. I spent sixty bucks, and felt used. I haven't been to a place since. (Although I'm sure it doesn't hurt that the closest place to me now is over two hours away)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 11:27:51 pm »

I've actually never been to one. I can't see it going well.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 11:30:33 pm »

I guess the house specialty move was to use both hands to spread their butt cheeks while grinding it in front of you and just barely nip a fingertip in and out of their asshole.

Jesus christ that is the worst thing I have read all day.  Now not only do I have this.. image in my mind but there is also a notional smell. The stink of stripper, sweaty, cosmetically bleached anus, and industrial floor deodorant is palpable.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 11:32:03 pm »

Also, is Achewood officially a furry jerk-off comic now?  And so another of the load-bearing columns of my dignity buckles and falls.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 01:45:08 am »


Wait a minute, maybe strip clubs are shabby and saddening!

Gee, you think?

It's been about 10 years or so for me.  Buddy's bachelor party.  Friend of a friend was a bartender (2d job while trying to get his criminal law practice going) at the biggest strip club in town.  It's amazing how invariably a strip club experience will leave you less fulfilled that when you go in.

Bartender guy is disbarred now and serving time in federal prison for his meth lab.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 02:31:53 am »

Art on the first panel is so good (actually, through the whole strip; very nice use of greys). I had known Connie for his customary use of high English, but I can't remember other instances of this type of lyrical prose from him ("tides of birth and grief" - but it is very lovely, to be certain.) I guess the theme of romance warrants that... this arc looks promising.

Also, I loved "silver dollar". Is this a real slang?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 02:51:39 am »

I was going to say facts about whether I have been in a strip club, but I think you can probably guess everything I have to say on the matter.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:04 am »

In what way do they mean the word "sentence"?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:18 pm »

I was going to say facts about whether I have been in a strip club, but I think you can probably guess everything I have to say on the matter.

Your goal would be to go in and hold up a ghetto blaster playing Peter Gabriel and march them all right outta there and into community college?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 10:47:03 pm »

oh, no.

just that i would feel incredibly uncomfortable.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 11:00:29 pm »

Your goal would be to go in and hold up a ghetto blaster playing Peter Gabriel and march them all right outta there and into community college?
haha, he said ghetto blaster.

Also, the last time I was at a club in nyc, the girl giving me the business was a student at Hunter College, same year as me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up