Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese Democracy is a go  (Read 14897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Chinese Democracy is a go
« on: October 22, 2008, 11:28:52 pm »

Apparently, Guns N' Roses is releasing Chinese Democracy on November 23rd, thwarting the smarmy people who thought that Chinese democracy would come before Chinese Democracy.

It is also apparently biting Dr Pepper in the ass, since they promised to give everyone a free can of their delicious soda if it got released this year. They seem to be making good on it, though.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:29:59 am »

Damn, I was about to start cracking out the Fenjiu and do saki bombs. Then I see that its about some washed up zombies releasing an album my older cousin would have bought in 1989.
Still holding the mojitos for when castro bites it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:47:40 am »

I've officially, by the way, spun the anticipation dial on this one.

I am past anticipating it so much that there is no way it will measure up and am right into anticipating it so much that ANYTHING will be awesome, just for being.

I am at about five Mega-Lucases on the Anticipation Scale for Chinese Democracy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 06:38:01 am »

I heard a single from it this morning on the radio.



It would have been a great song.

...if it had been released, say, a year after Use your Illusion.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 07:03:36 am »

I dunno, man.

I spent my work day mostly listening to "Kid Charlemagne" on repeat, blaring from my work van and... like...

That's a song of its time in 1976 and I still rocked the fuck out of it.

What's wrong with a song that turns out to be a great song from 1993?

"Pork Soda" came out in 1993. So did "Black Tie White Noise". "Modern Life is Rubbish" for God's sake!

If it turned out at all like "Transmissions from the Satellite Heart" then its awesome.

"Siamese Dream" "Bargainville"... "Alapalooza"...

You have sold me all the more on this record, Choop, sold me with your cold Vulcan logic.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 07:07:25 am »

Axl Rose for President.  Am I right LFM, hey!  HIGH FIVE!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:40:44 am »

Here is the title track that everyone is saying is pretty ok.  Pretty overrated I think.

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=13881
Logged
ACHIEVE

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 01:14:12 pm »

It's hard for me to get excited because I only every liked Appetite for Destruction. But I'm still curious.

Has anyone heard the new AC/DC? The one song I've heard from it sounds a lot like AC/DC.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 03:55:29 pm »

I couldn't see Axl Rose being in high office as any less ridiculous than Palin in the same.

Look, no one channels the rage of being a sharp-but-emotionally-imbalanced teenager sitting in a wheatfield dreaming of Sodom and Gamora better than GNR.

It's not the most complicated or mature emotional push in the world or the most complex drive to express musically but... like... it's a part of my personal profile.

The part of Axl still trapped in rural Indiana writes music for the part of me still trapped in the teenage Adirondacks.

That's the best I can explain it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 04:03:55 pm »

See, miles has got a can for throwing out there the way I feel about it. Which is some AC/DC that sounds like AC/DC is more interesting to me than any thing from those other dudes.

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same.  Of course GNR really is just Axl and some dudes.  AC/DC is all original, except for the singer of course, but he's been with the group for nearly 30 years now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 05:12:36 pm »

...Which is some AC/DC that sounds like AC/DC is more interesting to me than any thing from those other dudes.

Word. The song, I think it's called Rock n Roll Train, is actually better than decent, probably their best single in a couple decades, all with big plodding drums and thick bass steaks. Reminds me why they are the second best hard rock band ever, and that an Albini engineered album would be interesting.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 12:48:43 am »

second best hard rock band ever

Who's the first? It's Jethro Tull, isn't it...
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 04:00:07 am »

Who's the first? It's Jethro Tull, isn't it...
Well, they did win that Grammy...

I'm guessing he meant Winger though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 06:31:05 am »

needs more Slayer
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 02:17:50 pm »

What doesn't?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up