Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass  (Read 3919 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:41:19 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10232008


I bet those MacArthur Genius Grant jerks won't even look at this kind of thing.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 12:45:02 am »

I think the correct thread title is 'no disambiguation,' but the best moment is when he calls him "Raymond."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:51:45 am »

"...if there's one thing you can't trust it's a man and a woman." - Roast Beef is awesome.
Logged

Dullscythe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 22
  • :(
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:00:42 am »

Every sentence in this brought me joy. Every single one.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:03:56 am »

...and the vandals have already hit the "what_happened" article on Wikipedia.  Gave me more chuckles than the actual strip, that did.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:06:13 am »

"Raymond, I am the first person in history to sleep with a stripper without paying her. Grant me the dignity of this triumph, would you?"

More and more, I imagine that the Corndog sounds like the original KITT voice.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:09:23 am »

...and the vandals have already hit the "what_happened" article on Wikipedia.  Gave me more chuckles than the actual strip, that did.

This is basically treasure. I am going to think of this picture whenever I am in "damn the torpedoes" sort of mood. I will chuckle to myself, because I doubt that anybody I am with would actually be familiar with Achewood and chuckle with me.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 01:38:50 am »

I'm still shocked at can of dumbass.  It's so simple and obvious, but I don't think I've ever heard it or thought of it.  It's like one of those inventions that makes you slap your head and makes the guy a bajillion dollars.  I'm not really a quote-droppin guy in casual conversation, but I'm using the hell out of this one.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 01:43:19 am »

...and the vandals have already hit the "what_happened" article on Wikipedia.  Gave me more chuckles than the actual strip, that did.

Oh man, don't you love the internet? I swear I have no idea what we did before.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 01:47:36 am »

I think that I read a lot of books, or something. It's all kind of hazy.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 01:56:30 am »

My family had Prodigy in 1988.  I don't really remember this "before the internet" that you're talking about.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 01:59:33 am »

See, where I'm from, my family was considered pioneers for having the internet in 1996.

I think we were the first people who didn't know how to build our own computers with internet in Little Falls.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 02:00:21 am »

I think that I read a lot of books, or something. It's all kind of hazy.

Yeah, I remember that. There were places where you could even read them for free, right?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 03:59:20 am »

Yeah, I remember that. There were places where you could even read them for free, right?

Isn't that place Borders?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 23 October 2008 - open up a can of dumbass
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 06:18:20 am »

Isn't that place Borders?

Is that like project gutenberg or more like rapidsare?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up