Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend  (Read 5751 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 01:33:18 am »

You have to use a cooked turkey so the ribs are very soft and flexible, then before you add stuffing use the gutted turkey abdomen as a bellows. Use the wings as handles and fashion a nozzle out of yam paste or mashed potatoe, shaped into a thin layer and then baked until crispy.

If you are a traditionalist that cooks the stuffing in the turkey you will need to remove it at this point and risk stuffing chunks ending up in your ping potatoes.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 01:55:16 pm »

Dang it where are the rest of the blogs I was promised.

Apparently instead he was writing a bunch of Nate Small that is posted in the premium thingy. I do not want more Nate Small, I want more blogs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 02:28:47 pm »

Dang it where are the rest of the blogs I was promised.

Apparently instead he was writing a bunch of Nate Small that is posted in the premium thingy. I do not want more Nate Small, I want more blogs.

One more reason I won't pay for Premium until he has well and truly lost interest.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 06:46:16 pm »

OK, I have to give this Nate Small excerpt credit for starting with a scene where he builds a device to make it pleasanter for a dachshund puppy to pee in the rain.

But I'd still rather have a blog entry than the rest of a Nate Small story after the plot gets going.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 08:48:30 pm »

Shit, wombat is entirely too nice then. Because me, I totally have a Pat-like aspect, time to time.
Haha.
Yeah, it doesn't really show that often, haha.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 09:56:04 pm »

Wow. I have found that TOUAMBers are almost scarily not-awful. It's like, do you know that one culture that purposefully puts a flaw in it's rugs? (Which one it is escapes me now.) But, it's like, TOUAMB is like that flaw, and the internet is the rug. Except backwards. It's like, when I first came here, I found it disconcerting how not-awful it is here.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 11:26:23 pm »

It's tragic - I actually really had hope that all of the blogs would be updated, possibly with a really touching thanksgiving story that gradually got more twisted with each entry in classic achewood fashion. I feel like an abused loved who keeps returning to the abusing partner again and again.

And yet, I still feel like there is a chance for multiple blog entries tomorrow.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 01:41:24 am »

And yet, I still feel like there is a chance for multiple blog entries tomorrow.

Yes! Keep hope alive!

And, Toaster, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about us. I'm touched.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 02:29:33 am »

I never let internet people touch me.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 02:30:25 am »

It's tragic - I actually really had hope that all of the blogs would be updated, possibly with a really touching thanksgiving story that gradually got more twisted with each entry in classic achewood fashion. I feel like an abused loved who keeps returning to the abusing partner again and again.

And yet, I still feel like there is a chance for multiple blog entries tomorrow.

Served with a side of chicken.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 02:42:20 am »

And here I had almost completely forgotten about the much promised "tomorrow chicken." Thanks for ripping that scab open, asshole.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 04:31:44 am »

And yet the donation link is back up.

"You know those Thanksgiving blogs? Yeah... they're just for subscribers after all. But hey. Donate!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 01:27:38 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 06:27:14 pm »

Huuugs!

I want to start saying "cussin'" as a repacement word for real cussin'. Like, "What's with these cussin' donkeys?" Maybe it will take off.

Also, I love "Theory Noodle". I think the theory prefix can apply to most anything. Like, "Theory dog".
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 09:35:55 pm »

Is it an intended Phillipeism that he calls a Pyrex bowl "a Pyrex" or is this a thing that people do?

If it is a Phillipeism, I approve.

If this is a common shortening, I do not approve. There is shortening language for convenience and then there is being pointlessly vague.

Many things other than bowls can be Pyrex.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up