Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing  (Read 4689 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« on: December 19, 2008, 06:02:20 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12182008

That is some hardcore depression. Daaaamn.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:08:49 am »

The "If I did I'd be bluffing" panel is a thing that happens in my life literally once a week. It is such a true thing. Onstad has insights.

Also, I never thought about it like this, but Roast Beef = Rorschach. Look at the last panel and see it.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:33:05 am »

Somewhat closer to good old Achewood, in my opinion.

"Because I got depression" is my new answer for everything.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:39:24 am »

Oh man.

Top strip basically HAPPENED today.

This is what I'm talking about when I tell people why I like Achewood.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 07:56:00 am »

The "If I did I'd be bluffing" panel is a thing that happens in my life literally once a week.

Man, if only it was only ONCE a week.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 10:31:19 am »

Dude, have you heard of Seka?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:38:15 pm »

I have never heard of Seka but OMG, can we chip in and get Roast Beef a prescription for a nice antidepressant for Christmas? I can't take it anymore.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 02:24:41 pm »

I have never heard of Seka but OMG, can we chip in and get Roast Beef a prescription for a nice antidepressant for Christmas? I can't take it anymore.

I looked up Seka on Wikipedia and was quite disappointed. I will opt to pretend that Ray was mispronouncing "Sega."

Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 03:38:37 pm »

This strip just made me sad.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 03:39:18 pm »

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the depression.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 07:58:31 pm »

I showed the girlfriend this strip, explaining to her that in the penispad and BK cases, this is how I feel sometimes?

But upon looking at the bit about the Christmas ornament, she just started weeping and asked why I would ever show a person such a sad thing.

I think she holds illusions of childhood happiness in an unrealistically high regard for Reasons.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 11:41:16 pm »

I looked up Seka on Wikipedia and was quite disappointed. I will opt to pretend that Ray was mispronouncing "Sega."



Bobby, you had to look up Seka?  How old are you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 01:10:39 am »

I loved Seka.  Those were more innocent times.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 03:05:25 am »

I'm 29 and had to look Seka up as well. Cut-off must be somewhere in the 30s.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 03:10:14 am »

I have no idea what Seka is and I am nearly thirty.

I imagined it being like Sanka.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up