Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people  (Read 8825 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 03:38:21 am »

Ark and Judy in one day. Is this the coming of spring or something?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 05:17:07 am »

Not if one of them sees their shadow.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »

I've been headbutted by Al Gore and threatened by Harlan Ellison.

Wait, did we ever hear these stories?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 07:22:03 pm »

I was going to say that it was Tina Weymouth, and the Tom Tom Club, but from the tone of your post I'm worried I'm missing out on a joke here, hence dropping myself in it

Pedantry aside, I liked today's strip! I actually might go back a month or so and read them all at once. I feel this is the best way to appreciate a disjointed schedule


Yes I did intentionally mangle my facts.  It was my way of acting unimpressed that a semi famous musician was posting on the board.   However, when Oingo Boingo was initially mentioned I mistook them in my mind for the Tom Tom club thinking they were the other band Tina Weymouth played in.  But then I looked them up on wikipedia.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 12:08:13 am »

Wait, did we ever hear these stories?

My sister was in the same graduating class and house at Harvard as one of Al Gore's daughters, so they had the same graduation ceremony. During the outdoor lunch, tables were placed quite close together, and his assigned seat was back-to-back with mine. We're both very tall men, so I got vice-presidential head slammed into mine multiple times over the course of the day. No actual malice in the headbutting (I assume).

Harlan Ellison was pure malice, but whether AW was joking or not with "who hasn't been?" that's pretty much the case with being threatened by Ellison. Pretty much if Harlan Ellison notices you, he hates you. He has a Reputation for this.

Hal Clement lived in Milton, MA, and he was pretty amiable about showing up when college kids in the area held a science-fiction get-together. One of my friends was in a college club that invited him and only about twelve people showed up for the con that day, so basically we all went out to lunch and talked about planets.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 08:49:42 pm »

Harlan Ellison was perfectly nice to me the few times I encountered him. Which is hard to figure, since I'm fairly hateable, and he's a lunatic. Just one of those little mysteries o' life, I guess.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2009, 11:45:57 pm »

Kindred spirits?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 02:46:01 am »

The Brotherhood of Hateable Lunatics?
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 03:30:35 am »

Not big on committing assault as a hobby, myself. His meds must have been mixing well that week.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up