Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation  (Read 7925 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fnord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:05:39 pm »

http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2009/01/good-employee-is-available-in-this-land.html

I wonder, if -- hypothetically -- I would hire Onstad's former warehouse guy (who, doing this job for a while certainly must have spent some time physically near Onstad), then lock him up in my basement and never allow him to wash or shower, how long do you think I could preserve the oh so sweet aroma of Onstad in his clothes and hair?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:26:52 pm »

Well, after he signed my arm, I thought about never washing it, but I shortly had to admit it just wasn't practical. So I can't help you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:05:16 pm »

All I know is that if I was the dude's parents and had paid for him to go to fuck*ng Stanford, I would be pissed if he didn't aspire to anything more than "Shipping Clerk." 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 06:08:03 pm »

Does he smell nice? I didn't realise he smelt nice.

Have you considered just asking what aftershave he uses or something?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 06:58:31 pm »

All I know is that if I was the dude's parents and had paid for him to go to fuck*ng Stanford, I would be pissed if he didn't aspire to anything more than "Shipping Clerk." 

Oh, you know, he's probably writing the great American novel in his spare time. Or the great American screenplay, or whatever these kids do nowadays.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »

Shipping Clerk my ass, he was Warehouse Manager.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 11:53:10 pm »

I studied philosophy and religious studies at a pretty decent university and I am a milkman.  Prior to that, I worked in factories, cafeterias and as a postman.  And I never stayed at most of those jobs for very long.  But it's my life, right?  That's just the nature of the beast.  I hope my parents love me nonetheless.

Maybe a person who was inclined to study philosophy and religious studies isn't much inclined to place the same high value on the conventional status of their job.

What was it my man said earlier today?  Something about 'the makers of things'. 

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:36:28 am »

Where do you live that you can still be a milkman? I believed they are extinct in the US.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 01:49:24 am »

I studied philosophy and religious studies at a pretty decent university and I am a milkman.  Prior to that, I worked in factories, cafeterias and as a postman.  And I never stayed at most of those jobs for very long.  But it's my life, right?  That's just the nature of the beast.  I hope my parents love me nonetheless.

Maybe a person who was inclined to study philosophy and religious studies isn't much inclined to place the same high value on the conventional status of their job.

What was it my man said earlier today?  Something about 'the makers of things'. 



I didn't suggest that they no longer loved him.  Just that they'd be pissed.

I was a philosophy major too.  I understand that you are not your job.

I have also had (many) nothing jobs and (a few) jobs that related to my education and interests.   The second kind are much more fulfilling.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 02:04:22 am »

Philosophy here too! How many of us are there? Far too many.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 02:41:11 am »

He says he is the milkman because he is modest. He really means that he nonstop sexes up the place.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 05:47:05 am »

Great American iPhone Application is what the kids are into these days.

Christ, I'm twenty-nine and I only just figured out how to properly draw a cartoon caricature of myself.

I feel like a Brian Wilson song, sometimes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

herofix

  • Guest
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 11:55:42 am »

AW - Bully for you, pal.  I truthfully aspire to sit behind a desk and write ponderous philosophical musings for a living.  The aspiration don't make it so.

I suppose I'll concede that common filth like me don't need to actually pay university tuition in Scotland, so my parents wouldn't have to decide whether they liked me having their unconditional goodwill or their money more.

Which answers Wombat's question.  I'd be interested to know if there were any milkmen still operating in the U.S.  Maybe rurally?  The supermarkets naturally have ripped the arse out of the milkman gig in the towns, but the countryside is still keeping it going (for now).  I grew up in San Diego and I certainly never saw a milkman there.  It's a fine life, and there is plenty of time for philosophising.

Logged

herofix

  • Guest
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 12:02:03 pm »

Just to double-post, since I'm a) making friends as usual, and b) making this thread all about me...

you can still get your milk delivered by a milkman in the Boston area: http://www.crescentridge.com/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:41:47 pm by herofix »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 01:28:34 pm »


you can still get your milk delivered by a milkman in the Boston area: http://www.crescentridge.com/

That is nice to know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up