Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation  (Read 7897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 02:55:59 am »

Zippos are pretty cool and I want one but I would have no use for it since I don't smoke (anymore).

Would I smoke just to have a Zippo? No. (maybe)
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 03:14:32 am »

See I do smoke, but a regular throw away Bic is more reliable and can be used to smoke other things, so I don't use a Zippo.  Freshman year of college the place where you could buy snacks with the money they made your parents put on a card sold Zippos and I had about twenty, but now I just have one that I saved from that at random and one that I got when my grandfather died. 

However, the expression it's not like he invented the zippo is as cool as a zippo should be.


Seriously, those bitches are always out of fuel and if you just make a circle around your smoke with your hand your bic is as good as a Zippo is supposed to be in the wind
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 03:29:24 am »

I think the Zippo adds a little something to every situation. It is like smoking a pipe, picking up a branch for a walking stick, or (hand)writing a letter.


...and you can engrave them with reasons why Vietnam is fucked up.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 03:49:49 am »

I think it's because they make a cool clicking sound as you open them. Ain't nothing that isn't improved by a sharp 'snikt'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 04:33:35 am »

Man posting in this thread has really made me want to break out the old zippos.

Those things are cool, just not very practical.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35:13 am »

'snikt'

That's some nice onomatopoeia there, Doc.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 06:52:29 am »

mad wolverine stylezz
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 07:46:43 am »

That's some nice onomatopoeia there, Doc.
Thankyou, though it's not mine. It is a nice one.

mad wolverine stylezz
Nice catch bub.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:51:01 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 06:41:51 pm »

A very bad boyfriend bought me a very nice zippo when I was in high school.  I learned to do a few tricks with it, which I used in lame attempts to pick up other guys after I broke up with the first one. 

Nothing like the scent of lighter fluid on a fresh smoke first thing in the A.M. 

Except, you know, not dying of cancer. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 05:24:18 pm »

I have a Zippo because and only because it has my (deceased) grandfather's signature engraved into it.  I have no idea where it came from (he was not a smoker, nor a vain man who would want to see his name written on various pocket-sized smoking accessories) but it's a handsome little keepsake.  I plan to get it into working condition so I can use it on the very few special occasions that I smoke a cigar.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up