Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 219602 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2009, 06:17:46 pm »

I think we need to organize hipster "Viking Walks" in our respective cities.

it would be more fun to organize, execute, and participate in a viking pillage/murder.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:48 pm »

This thread makes me sad because every time it comes up on my "unread posts since your last visit" I see Judy's name and I miss him.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2009, 06:37:19 pm »

I think we need to organize hipster "Viking Walks" in our respective cities.

We're gonna rape, kill, pillage and burn. Rape, kill, pillage, and burn (eat the babies!)
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2009, 06:55:39 pm »

it would be more fun to organize, execute, and participate in a viking pillage/murder.
Oooh, this concept ties in for me with another active thread, Favorite Songs--I propose we pillage and murder while blasting "Immigrant Song" on shoulder-held boomboxes!  (Which I swoon for whenever I hear it...that thundering, galloping beat drives me insane with its awesomeness.)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2009, 07:14:47 pm »

Oooh, this concept ties in for me with another active thread, Favorite Songs--I propose we pillage and murder while blasting "Immigrant Song" on shoulder-held boomboxes!  (Which I swoon for whenever I hear it...that thundering, galloping beat drives me insane with its awesomeness.)

HAMMER OF THE GODS!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2009, 07:16:40 pm »

Has anyone else ever noticed that the opening of "Immigrant Song" sounds suspiciously like the Get Smart theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dXaJk0WL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMj5LuT5hk

Coincidence?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2009, 07:18:48 pm »

HAMMER OF THE GODS!!!
Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU, it has been way too many years since I last saw my beloved Viking kittens!  Now I gots to get me a fix of spongmonkeys, for whom I have a deep and abiding affection.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2009, 08:29:21 pm »

Has anyone else ever noticed that the opening of "Immigrant Song" sounds suspiciously like the Get Smart theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dXaJk0WL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMj5LuT5hk

Coincidence?

Robert Plant has been known to uh, borrow from others so it's possibly not a coincidence, but I would doubt that he was drawing inspiration from the get smart theme.

But yes I noticed it many years ago.  Actually a friend of mine pointed out the similarity many years ago.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2009, 09:04:39 pm »

Dang, I thought I was clever.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2009, 09:50:58 pm »

This thread makes me sad because every time it comes up on my "unread posts since your last visit" I see Judy's name and I miss him.
It just reminds me that I haven't listened to the Legal Man single in about a year. Need to change that.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2009, 08:53:17 am »

Oh!

I forgot I had put this on my Favorites.

It is crazy, and kind of lame, but also kind of awesome.  It's in Russian but you can figure out the story pretty easily, I bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIWOwy03Uqk
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2009, 09:51:25 am »

extreme office parkour

i hope i havent posted this already.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2009, 06:50:58 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2NOTanzWI
Look around you! Maths are amazing. The whole series is great.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2009, 06:58:37 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2NOTanzWI
Look around you! Maths are amazing. The whole series is great.

Yes!  Did you catch the longer episodes on Adult Swim?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2009, 09:26:11 pm »

Medibot.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 104   Go Up