Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 220954 times)

0 Members and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2010, 02:19:29 am »

"Plagued with despair after a nasty divorce, the author, in her early 30s, divides a year equally among three dissimilar countries, exploring her competing urges for earthly delights and divine transcendence."

Sounds like bullshit to me.

I'd totally read a book of yours over that asshole's book, Wombat.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2010, 03:45:12 am »


BUT LET'S REMEMBER

It's always somewhat understandable in this day and age for a perceived minority or oppressed section of the population to criticise the ruling body or whatever you will...

This strikes me as the societal equivalent of picking on somebody smaller than you to make yourself feel bigger.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2010, 07:24:44 am »

I have nothing substantive to add, but this thread is reminding me of how much I dislike Dane Cook's comedy.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2010, 07:47:30 am »

All kinds of things remind me how much I dislike Dane Cook's comedy.

Breathing. Waking up.

With my heart's every beat, I am reminded how awful Dane Cook is.

It haunts me, following me like a shadow as I cross the lone prarie.

Like a wealthy recluse whispering with his dying breath "Dane Cook sucks..."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:29 pm »

All kinds of things remind me how much I dislike Dane Cook's comedy.

Breathing. Waking up.

With my heart's every beat, I am reminded how awful Dane Cook is.

It haunts me, following me like a shadow as I cross the lone prarie.

Like a wealthy recluse whispering with his dying breath "Dane Cook sucks..."

Wow, I need to check out this Dane Cook guy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2010, 10:31:07 pm »

Quote
the interest of some kindergartener's interpretation of "fairness."

Oh man, YES.

This weird kindergarten understanding of fairness has been coming up a lot lately. DIFFERENT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT, AND WANT DIFFERENT THINGS, AND THAT IS OK.

BAAAAH. And then of course in an argument I accidentally invoked it, and now it is rearing its ugly head all over the damn place.


Also, I am driven insane by advertising based on the "men are so oppressed, our lives are so hard because of women" thing.
dane cook is also horrible. Just, wow, so bad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2010, 08:58:28 am »

dane cook is also horrible. Just, wow, so bad.

I'm always surprised when I hear about an entertainer for the first time and discover they are wildly popular.  How could I have missed it entirely up to this point?  I know Dane Cook is wildly popular because I looked him up on youtube and found a clip of him performing in front of what appeared to be a basketball arena maybe.

Dane Cook is... Larry the Cable Guy is funnier than Dane Cook.  Astounding.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2010, 09:02:28 am »

Larry the Cable Guy at least, on some level, admits that he is a fake hackneyed concept.

Dane Cook utterly pushes the idea that a dude screaming about obvious pop cultural references and doing nothing else is somehow funny, both on and off the stage.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #398 on: February 22, 2010, 04:16:01 pm »

My 20yr-old niece has learned that if she wants to enjoy her Dane Cook shows, its best if she watches them when I'm not around.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2010, 05:14:11 pm »

As I've said before while Dane Cook is mostly craptacular I will never find his bit about Christ Chex not funny. And after I saw his special for the first time like 10 years ago I couldn't go to church without noticing just how many times the priest says "peace" in like a 90 second span.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #400 on: February 22, 2010, 09:02:59 pm »

drugs, man.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #401 on: February 25, 2010, 04:09:15 am »

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2010, 04:42:23 am »

We the People, fuck you bitch!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2010, 05:41:22 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #404 on: February 25, 2010, 06:31:06 am »

Screenwipe is the shit.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 104   Go Up