Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 219627 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #450 on: March 21, 2010, 02:04:42 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ&feature=related

DO YOU LOVE EGGS TOO
Quote
So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #451 on: March 21, 2010, 07:26:47 am »

Queen is southern rock?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #452 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:02 am »

http://www.youtube.com/user/catlasser#p/a/u/1/qriVuyRrdOk

some cute girl singing Smells like Teen Spirit with her handsome ex boyfriend playing ukelele.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #453 on: March 22, 2010, 05:58:50 am »

"Fat Bottomed Girls" is southern rock, yes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #454 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:30 pm »

"Fat Bottomed Girls" is southern rock, yes.

Southern England?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #455 on: March 22, 2010, 10:12:42 pm »

"Fat Bottomed Girls" is southern rock, yes.

I ain't hearin' it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:54 pm »

I ain't hearin' it.

Yeah, come on LFM, back up your claim.  What makes Fat Bottomed Girls southern rock?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #457 on: March 22, 2010, 11:33:56 pm »

Yeah, come on LFM, back up your claim.  What makes Fat Bottomed Girls southern rock?

I agree with this assessment. It is not by a southern band, but it is in the proper style and deals with appropriate subject matter to be considered part of the genre.

I wouldn't call Queen a southern rock band, but I believe that for FBG they simultaneously embraced and parodied the genre to make a point.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #458 on: March 23, 2010, 12:19:01 am »

but it is in the proper style

How so?  I'm just not hearing it I guess.  When I think southern rock, I think Skynyrd or the Allman Brothers.  ZZ Top.  Molly Hatchet, even.  There's some country/delta blues influence in there.  Maybe a steel guitar or a violin.


Quote
and deals with appropriate subject matter to be considered part of the genre.

What, sex?  Is there a genre of rock that doesn't address sex?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #459 on: March 23, 2010, 12:35:02 am »

What, sex?  Is there a genre of rock that doesn't address sex?

Emo.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2010, 01:27:40 am »

When I think of Southern Rock I don't think of close four part harmonies.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #461 on: March 23, 2010, 01:45:58 am »

When I think of Southern Rock I don't think of close four part harmonies.

These guys disagree

What, sex?  Is there a genre of rock that doesn't address sex?

I'm going to guess 'sex with large, matronly women'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #462 on: March 23, 2010, 02:03:57 am »

The simple, almost stomped-out rhythm. The twangy-as-fuck bass, the country-style strumming in the rhythm guitars.

I thought it was just assumed. It sounds like a style-parody of Skynyrd or, like, CCR at points.

To my ears, saying that Fat Bottom Girls is Queen's stab at southern rock would be like saying the sky is blue.

I don't know how exactly to "prove" that the sky is blue, I look out of my window and it is blue.

The only thing that isn't the middle-of-the-road southern rock of its day is the lead vocal.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #463 on: March 23, 2010, 02:11:41 am »

The simple, almost stomped-out rhythm. The twangy-as-fuck bass, the country-style strumming in the rhythm guitars.

I thought it was just assumed. It sounds like a style-parody of Skynyrd or, like, CCR at points.

To my ears, saying that Fat Bottom Girls is Queen's stab at southern rock would be like saying the sky is blue.

I don't know how exactly to "prove" that the sky is blue, I look out of my window and it is blue.

The only thing that isn't the middle-of-the-road southern rock of its day is the lead vocal.

i would pay to hear a bluegrass cover thereof.


also:

cycles (in case you arent my facebook friend)

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2010, 02:48:44 am »

I've always wanted to hear a full-bluesgrass cover of "Interstate Love Song" by STP.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 104   Go Up