Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 220128 times)

0 Members and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1290 on: March 22, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »

News footage of the time in 1990 that a Depeche Mode in-store autograph session at Wherehouse Records in L.A. caused a 'near riot'.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/03/19/depeche-mode-wherehouse-riot-video/

Made me listen to Depeche Mode.  Had to remind myself how much they suck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1291 on: March 22, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »

Diff strokes. I dig 'em.

Of course, I only don't like the big three.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1292 on: March 22, 2012, 07:00:04 pm »

Diff strokes. I dig 'em.

The '80s are pretty much a black hole of suck for me anyway, but at least Madonna had a little bit of pep in her music. DM is just dreary.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1293 on: March 22, 2012, 07:07:20 pm »

I'll be honest, DM occupies the same place in my brain that Pink Floyd does. I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way, but that's what happens to me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1294 on: March 22, 2012, 07:48:26 pm »

Fair Enough.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1295 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:22 am »

wow. susan boyle part 2?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1296 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:32 am »

wow. susan boyle part 2?

he's her illegitimate child.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1297 on: March 26, 2012, 02:42:41 pm »

I have such a problem watching that (well, all reality stuff). The overdone takes, the loooong dragging out of every single thing, all of it. So annoying. Those two kids have great voices and all, but I just.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1298 on: March 26, 2012, 03:18:01 pm »

He's an ugly fat kid, he can't possibly have any talent.  Where does that assumption spring from?  It was clearly manufactured to be Susan Boyle II, but for me the surprise of Susan Boyle was that she waited until middle age to test the waters. How could someone with a voice that good, and aspirations to be a singer, never pursued that path before now?  In this case I was expecting it to be good.  I guess the main difference is, Boyle didn't have a pretty little friend with big lungs to help bolster her confidence.

Anywhoo, the kid has a great voice.  I don't know if he's the next Pavarotti as Simon claims, but sure, why not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1299 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:05 pm »

How could someone with a voice that good, and aspirations to be a singer, never pursued that path before now? 

Probably no one's ever encouraged him. That same perception, singers have to be attractive. I feel like we've been over this--in the modern video age, being good-looking is almost as important as being able to sing, which is of course objectively ridiculous, but that's where we are. The point of every Mariah Carey video is "Look how hot Mariah Carey is!" And I'm not saying she isn't, but the hotness of the singer doesn't do much for me when I'm listening in my car or on headphones. Would Colbie Caillat have a recording contract if she wasn't cute as hell? Not that she's a bad singer, but there's plenty of young women in coffeehouses with guitars who deserve that kind of shot too, but aren't as blonde and pretty.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1300 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »

So annoying.  Even with our Youtube thread here, my ratio of videos watched to songs heard is asymptotically close to zero.  I don't give a rip what a musician looks like.  In fact, the pretty faces with autotuned talent are even more corrosive to my enjoyment of pop music.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1301 on: March 27, 2012, 03:33:42 am »

Connection making: the gentlemen from Ween? Not conventionally attractive. Of course, dude doesn't have the best voice, either.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1302 on: March 27, 2012, 05:15:23 am »

The point of every Mariah Carey video is "Look how hot Mariah Carey is!"

I've bought several Mariah Carey CDs at the pawn shop.  I don't think I ever listened to them.

I think this one is my favorite.


Especially the back cover
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1303 on: March 27, 2012, 12:38:49 pm »

I guess, if you're into that.

I think she has a weird face. Like she's one of Jim Henson's creations, tragically born ten years too late for a role in Labyrinth.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1304 on: March 27, 2012, 12:39:47 pm »

as for me, its 90s mariah, or nothing.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 104   Go Up