Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 219671 times)

0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1335 on: May 04, 2012, 03:39:43 am »

Whoa

towards the end when they show the close-ups/the tiny camera pans in a circle around the insects after they have been destroyed by the fungus and that eerie music is playing, it reminds me of a tim burton movie.





(ugh.  that sentence is constructed shamefully.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1336 on: May 08, 2012, 06:36:21 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1337 on: May 12, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »

Breakdance: when you're doing it wrong, yet doing it so very right!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1338 on: May 12, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »

Breakdance: when you're doing it wrong, yet doing it so very right!

Holy shit. If loving this is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1339 on: May 12, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »

Holy shit. If loving this is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

So I clicked on that first link after already having seen your post but not having clicked the link. 30 seconds in, "oh, there it is". I love how dude's head is all cocked like a pigeon's.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1340 on: May 12, 2012, 05:07:56 pm »

Totally! Even better than the bouncing boobs.

Well, maybe not.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1341 on: May 12, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »

Breakdance: when you're doing it wrong, yet doing it so very right!

that reminded me of this: golimar!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1342 on: May 12, 2012, 05:28:56 pm »

What about at around 2:00 when they're all like "okay we're done dancing... ha, just kidding!"  And of course the classic Bollywood move:  leaning in for a kiss that never happens.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1343 on: May 12, 2012, 06:04:31 pm »

What about at around 2:00 when they're all like "okay we're done dancing... ha, just kidding!"  And of course the classic Bollywood move:  leaning in for a kiss that never happens.

Oh, the false stop! I noticed that too. I love it.

that reminded me of this: golimar!

I could spend all day looking at Bollywood song videos.

I got so obsessed when Ghost World turned me on to this one. More along the lines of imitating Western pop, there of course is this one. I know everyone's already seen these two but they still bring me joy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1344 on: May 12, 2012, 06:15:14 pm »

I got so obsessed when Ghost World turned me on to this one.

My wife and I sing/quote that song to each other all the time and have since we watched the movie together very early in our relationship. Also, whenever I have someone new over to the house (usually in the bar) I play that song on the iPod. It is irresistible. Even my punk/metal hockey-loving pothead b-i-l is a huge fan.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1345 on: May 12, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »

There's a Heineken commercial that uses the song too, which I enjoy because it reminds me of being in Indonesia.  Actually, Heineken commercials are the only beer commercials I can stomach.

I don't recall the use of that song in Ghost World though.  I don't recall much about Ghost World other than that it was a near perfect depiction of two of my friends...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1346 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20:41 am »

Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1347 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:01 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1348 on: May 14, 2012, 02:16:01 pm »

"im a lot faster than you think."

Not brighter, but faster.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1349 on: May 15, 2012, 03:24:37 am »

There's a Heineken commercial that uses the song too, which I enjoy because it reminds me of being in Indonesia.  Actually, Heineken commercials are the only beer commercials I can stomach.

I don't recall the use of that song in Ghost World though.  I don't recall much about Ghost World other than that it was a near perfect depiction of two of my friends...

It's during the opening credits. I actually own a copy of the movie that clip is taken from, but I've never watched the whole thing.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 104   Go Up