Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ardbeg and the Omega (11-18-03)  (Read 8016 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2003, 06:40:46 pm »

Sort of odd... I had been drawing omegas all over my sketchbook yesterday-  I have a dorky teenage obcession with it and I just sort of had it stuck in my head... so props to Onstad for the mind-reading and what not.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2003, 07:27:50 pm »

I hope we have a week of impossible Tetris soon. I'm loving them.
Or even better, we could have a week of impossible games...
No, I don't know either... It's early...

I reckon button 4 has to be Malibu and Coke, and it turns out Mr Bear has a nasty secret. Well, that being the nasty secret.
I don't think he'd have a NO2 kit on his car.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2003, 08:07:47 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

I don't think he'd have a NO2 kit on his car.


I think that a Right-hand drive Cooper Mini with an NO2 kit would be excellent! I vote for that. Although the doily cannon is pretty excellent, too.
Logged

Squee!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2003, 09:19:18 pm »

Switch 1: Shoots out tacks/nails like in cartoons when Mr. Bear is feeling especially mean.

Switch 2: Shoots out spare tires in case he feels guilty.  Which he will.
Logged
We close our eyes and the world has turned around again..

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 12:54:43 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Okay, kids.  I'm laying down the law.  

no more "first post!" posts

What the hell, people?  This is not /.  If you have something to say about the comic, fine.  But please don't make it into a "who can stay up latest and refresh Onstad's page the most times" contest.


Eep!  I hope I'm not implied here.  
Honestly I was joking about the 'not being first forever' thing ..hah.
Usually I'm just up late and when I send the email off to my mom concerning the comic, I come here to see if there's a new topic and if not, I post it with the same comment I make to mom ..all innocent really :)

---

Oh yeah, The Guest went and googled Ardbeg for mom; I was amused that Michael Jackson was in the definition; I don't know...
Proof: Founded 1815 ; Operating Status: mothballed 1996; reopening soon.  The distillery may have is origins as far back as 1794 [and was reputedly originally the hideout of smugglers]. It was definitely operating by 1817.  It is a fine example of a traditional malt distillery, and most handsome.  After a short period of closure it reopened in 1989, to the delight of enthusiasts for Islay malts. Its own maltings, which had a distinctive design, did not reopen.
© Michael Jackson 1994, ???
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 01:32:00 am »

That's a different Michael Jackson.  It's a pretty common name.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 03:18:30 am »

Quote from: "jough"
That's a different Michael Jackson.  It's a pretty common name.


Indeed. Controller of BBC2, now heading up Universal in the US - Michael Jackson number 3...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 06:10:24 am »

while playing this game
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Welltris
I seriously got a piece as bad as the omega it was like this
[]
..[]
....[]
......[]
........[]
..........[]
utterly insane. anyway this comic was fuck*ng great.
sorry about the dots, spaces get removed by the php.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 12:56:49 pm »

Doomglobe, I had a game that was much the same concept as Welltris, called Blockout, on one of my first computers... I think the 486.  It was brutal, but I dont know if it was ever that bad.
Logged
goose means greedy

sammyjankis

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2003, 02:55:29 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Okay, kids.  I'm laying down the law.  

no more "first post!" posts

What the hell, people?  This is not /.  If you have something to say about the comic, fine.  But please don't make it into a "who can stay up latest and refresh Onstad's page the most times" contest.


Sorry - can I use the noobie excuse?  Guess I have an advantage being on this side of the Atlantic.  But I've got one so I'll be happy forever.  And from now on will endeavour to provide erudite and witty comments or discussion on this fine strip.


Promise.  :yinyang:
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2003, 02:58:52 pm »

Eh, don't sweat it.  That was more of a general "this is getting out of hand" sort of post rather than a smackdown.  Trust me, when the smack is laid down, you will be more than aware...  :twisted:

Oh, and...welcome aboard.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2003, 03:04:45 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Eh, don't sweat it.  That was more of a general "this is getting out of hand" sort of post rather than a smackdown.  Trust me, when the smack is laid down, you will be more than aware...  :twisted:

Oh, and...welcome aboard.


If ya smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell what Jl . . . is . . . cookin'

It's apparently meatless and quite yummy. But you can't have any. Know your role.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2003, 03:46:25 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Eh, don't sweat it.  That was more of a general "this is getting out of hand" sort of post rather than a smackdown.  Trust me, when the smack is laid down, you will be more than aware...


Yeah baby, talk dirty to me!
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2003, 03:56:38 am »

The impossible Tetris game...that's just the kind of day dreaming I have on a long stressful car drive, by myself in the middle of the night. Just thinking up abstract impossible situations....and stuff....
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2003, 04:59:30 pm »

In computer science, the big omega represents a cap on the complexity of a problem, no instance of a problem is more complicated than the omega function.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up