Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: grubbery  (Read 11634 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 11:03:51 pm »

I mean, heck, some people wash mushrooms, but I come from a long line of peelers. 
Peeling mushrooms?  That sounds like way too much work.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 01:15:39 am »

You are all crazy. You should clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 10:48:09 pm »

mushrooms only need wiped with a dry towel to brush off what little dirt may be there. and never EVER brush off the gills, that's where the flavor is
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 05:41:23 pm »

When my lady is away and no one cares what I feed myself, I eat these things:

Chipped chopped ham (sliced paper thin) and swiss cheese on kaiser rolls, microwaved for 45 seconds and topped with hot mustard.

Ray Steak from the Achewood cookbook, but with pan time cut down to 4 or 5 minutes a side and hella onion added in.

Pizza rolls ("Combination" flavor), baked at the suggested temperature until the filling just starts to ooze out and sizzle on the pan.

Zatarain's black beans and rice with Foreman Grill'd chicken.

Big can of Campbell's chunky New England clam chowder over garlic/olive oil linguine.

Bud Ice.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 07:48:21 pm »

Where are the tomatoes?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 08:05:47 pm »

White Castle Burgers? Now THAT'S what I call a pizza-roll!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 04:45:22 pm »

How do you eat this without getting it all over yourself? Or am I missing the point?
Logged

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 05:07:08 pm »

How do you eat this without getting it all over yourself? Or am I missing the point?

There are two schools of thought, really. Some people like to eat it via the "honest" method, just cramming it in the general direction of their face, hooting, hollering, etc. I (and maybe I'm not alone) prefer the "delusional" method, carefully cutting it up with a knife and fork into manageable, bite-sized pieces.

It's really a trade-off; what one approach affords you in cleanliness, it robs you of an equal sum of philosophical integrity.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 07:49:07 pm »

Maybe I'm just a suburban liberal pussy, but I don't get the shove one food inside another food inside another food inside another food arms race meme.

Alternatively...

Shit food when stacked in a pile becomes a pile of shit food.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 07:57:02 pm »

Maybe I'm just a suburban liberal pussy, but I don't get the shove one food inside another food inside another food inside another food arms race meme.

Alternatively...

Shit food when stacked in a pile becomes a pile of shit food.

See also: The McGangbang
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 09:47:58 pm »

I don't like it when my food touches. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 10:39:15 pm »

Those are bad touches.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 02:15:48 am »

You're a bunch of sick bastards. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2009, 02:48:55 am »

I am ALL ABOUT crazy mush food where everything is mixed together in sauce.

Cooking for myself means a lot of this. I am HUGE on Zataran's bean/rice/jumbalaya type things with sausage. Also, crazy Indian food that my roommate knows how to make.

I think maybe it is some sort of thing from my childhood, having to do with being a picky kid or something?
I guess it's harder to be picky when all the food is mushed together. It is easier to be OK with eating something gross like tomatoes when they are mushed together with all kind of other awesome food.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Times of Manly Men Meals
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:12 am »

I think knife and fork is the only way to make it manageable but I think you'd end up eating the things individually so face smooshing is the only way to get the proper experience.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up