Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level  (Read 6515 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 02:05:41 am »

Oh, CAPABLE of creating great things, sure.

Capable of sustaining the effort in the face of real life's outrageous slings and shitty arrows?

I'd... need a lot of support staff to do that. haha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 03:13:48 am »

I'm capable of creating and capable of sustaining the effort in the face of real life and repeated rejection. A lot of good it does when so far I'm not capable of getting any attention paid to the work. Not sure what else I can do about my wasted potential other than keep banging my head against the wall.

There's a lot of shit that has to come together for any kind of creative success. Onstad may have very poor work habits but I'm not going to sneer at them just because I've never missed a deadline. Because obviously his flakiness has gotten him farther than my absolute reliability.

Coming back to another topic, I really need a pomegranate margarita but that place isn't any closer than Gaithersburg. Damn.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 03:43:29 am »

There's one in Fairfax!  Come on out!
…actually, don't, it's not that good.  Joe's Crab Shack, I mean, never had the margarita.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 03:57:20 am »


Coming back to another topic, I really need a pomegranate margarita but that place isn't any closer than Gaithersburg. Damn.

Skewers in Dupont Circle has a nice one
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 06:28:49 am »

Is Skewers a gay bar?

That would be the single most amazing name for a gay bar ever.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 06:33:09 am »

Is Skewers a gay bar?

That would be the single most amazing name for a gay bar ever.

It's a middle eastern restaurant and bar, which means you're only gay if you receive the skewer.

Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 10:22:29 am »

re: the strip, I actually got more interested - actually, psyched -about a little note from the paid content widget saying something along the lines of "Ray sits at the piano for the first time in ages..."


FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 01:52:03 pm »

It's too bad when someone has over sixty thousand tiny cans of Dr Pepper, it makes it seem so pointless to give them another.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up