Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"  (Read 3965 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 01:51:18 pm »

Fletcherize the beans.  Where does Onstad come up with some shit like that.  Was he reading the New York Times archives ahead of us?

Nah, Onstad is just a crazy enough foodie that he knows his history, that's all.

But there's another wonderful thing about the internet that you younguns can't really appreciate. He can get away with this because he knows that anyone who doesn't get the reference can just Google it. It's a glorious world.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 01:58:01 pm »

I keep on digging. Beef's stomach may be the strongest character introduced since Cartilage Head. I'm waiting for Ray's thigs to pipe in.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 10:08:23 pm »

So, has 'stad made a comic lately? Did Eddie Vedder win the Super Bowl? I'm a little behind on these things.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 12:59:45 am »

Hot Pockets?  Onstad's ripping off Jim Gaffigan now?

The reverse furry was pretty funny however.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 01:19:36 am »

I first saw this one off the main site. My initial thought was that it must have been an old strip that I had somehow missed.

So that's a good sign, I guess. Saying that I thought it was per'decent.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 07:17:34 pm »

The image of Molly dressed like a human in thigh-highs crying on the edge of the bed is pretty priceless.  Glad to hear the marriage is working out about as well as we'd imagine.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up