Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Baseball '09?  (Read 16832 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Pretend Baseball '09?
« on: February 19, 2009, 02:35:45 am »

Are we gonna do this again or, like, am I the only one who loves the shit out of pretend baseball?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:22:06 am »

Oh, we're doing this again.  REVENGE!!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 05:54:18 am »

If the Mets had the balls to horribly murder Luis Castillo and move Dan'l Murphy to second base, Abreu would've made so much sense.

Oh God, there has not even been an exhibition game yet and my hatred of Luis Castillo is already burning the back of my throat.

This will be the season I finally just get an ulcer.

Any move that renders Gary Matthews essentially a bench piece is a good move for the Angels, no question.

EDIT: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/touamb08

I think this is the link to join the new league. I sure as hell sent re-invites to all the previously involved.

I don't remember in there are passwords and crap this time around? I'll have to look into that.

Any scoring rules from last season people want changed?

I could go for a second DL slot, personally, but no biggie if people dug it the old way.

EDIT EDIT (pizza pizza):

League ID# is 113509 and the Password is raysadvice.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:04:24 am by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:47 am »

I'm in this year, you bitches are going down.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 01:58:33 pm »

Guess I got to defend my title.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 04:48:22 pm »

I'm in.  Autodraft is a different test from being able to pick your own lineup but at least it means we start with a relatively even level of talent across all teams.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 09:25:06 am »

So, like, there are only five of us.  We should do something about that.  Who played in the past?

Edit: Alright, 6, but we still need at least two more, right?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:40:59 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 09:20:54 pm »

oh yeah I'm in. I am team Liquor Cabinet
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:24:24 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 09:28:28 pm »

We have longer to wait for last-minute sign-ups this year as per the World Whatever Etcetera lengthening spring training but... rest assured... I champ at various bits waiting for this to occur and once more encourage peeps to join in on the fun. JOIN IN ON THE FUN!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 09:57:25 pm »

24 DAYS UNTIL OPENING DAY, THE BEST OPENING DAY OF THE BEST!

Don't wait people, I'm talking lavish prizes here.
Canadian whiskey?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 03:39:52 am »

Awwww shit.
This competition just got vicious.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 11:41:48 am »

That still doesn't bring the people?  We seriously need at least one more.  Is there any way to get one random person, or cap the league at ten or eight and post on some random board or something?  Anyone know anyone on the outside who would want to play?  I can't thing of a single friend who would be even remotely interested. 

You can set it up so you adjust your roster once a week (for as little as 5 minutes, maybe less) and can maybe win whiskey for it.  Come on/ GOB voice.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 01:49:11 am »

I'm in.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 02:20:51 am »

It's this damned World Baseball Classic making people forget how awesome baseball is, I'm sure of it.

C'MON! BASEBALL IS MUCH MORE AWESOME THAN WHAT'S ON THE TEEVEE NOW!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 03:16:31 am »

It's this damned World Baseball Classic making people forget how awesome baseball is, I'm sure of it.

C'MON! BASEBALL IS MUCH MORE AWESOME THAN WHAT'S ON THE TEEVEE NOW!

You mean watching the U.S. lose to Puerto Rico via the slaughter rule wasn't good television?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up