Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH  (Read 5088 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile

Onstad brings the goods.  All is forgiven.

Seriously the best strip in months (that makes it best of.. five, I guess).  Angsty Roast Beef, screaming angrily at his limp pecker, resulting in an irritated Molly. It is like old times, man.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 10:51:26 pm by Cap'n Squeakers »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 11:01:22 pm »

It is lesbian bed death except with a dude and a lady, Roast Beef.

It is natural.

Roast Beef, inform Dracula that this is entirely natural.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:45 pm »

Oh, damn. This, right here? This is the business. This is cask strength funny

"Show up with [appropriate pronoun] bro up" is simply grand.

Is the last panel foreshadowing some adventure at Comic-Con? I hope so.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:15:00 pm »

Is the last panel foreshadowing some adventure at Comic-Con? I hope so.

Well, Mr. O-Sizzle is here in San Francisco for WonderCon this weekend, so I guess it's on his mind.  Along with floppy wieners.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:27:58 pm »

OMG, Onstad at a comics convention. Times sure have changed.

I think "Floppy Weiners" would be a great band name, but I guess no guys would come to the concerts?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Logged

guns and cigarettes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 11:38:48 pm »

Quite impressive, you know, dongwise.

This is my first laugh out loud moment at an Achewood strip in quite some time. I am full.

"worked up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise"
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 11:44:07 pm »

Phillipe is standing on it! Here comes a special boy! Don't get any on the Mayor!

...oh god
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 12:43:30 am »


"Show up with [appropriate pronoun] bro up" is simply grand.


QFT.  Best line, hands down, in this strip. 

Dude's on a roll.  Good on him!  I wish I could hit a creative groove like the one he's been on. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 12:48:41 am »

Wow, I was really expecting 4 or 5 good punchline suggestions when I got here. But then, I got nothing so I can't really complain.
Logged

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 01:16:12 am »

DAng it, I didn't like this one as much as you guys did.
It was okay.
I gave it a two, and I normally only give fours and fives.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 03:13:09 am »

Beef is a man who gets mad when the Jim won't stand up. I know just how he feels.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 05:52:45 am »

Horrible things/Social awkwardness happening to a beloved character: Check.
Deliciously contorted wordplay and/or imagery: Check
'Dracula': Double Check
Molly is a bitch: Check.

We're firing on all cylinders today people!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 06:55:30 am »

See, I don't see where Molly was being a bitch.

I see a man who has to be nigh-impossible to live with and this girl's basically laughing off his ridiculous madness and will most likely have sex with him whenever it is that Dracula next rises from the rotten ruins of his fallen castlewalls.

Molly's doin' The Lord's work and, yeah, The Lord's work is a motherfucker but she keeps on keeping on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 07:22:33 am »

Wait a minnit - is Bush back in the White House?  'Cause its sure as hell feeling like 2004 all of a sudden.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up