Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH  (Read 5112 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 07:49:25 am »

Beef is a man who gets mad when the Jim won't stand up. I know just how he feels.

Yep. And Molly, you lost some points for being a Bitch. For all Beef knows he has cancer of the dick and you're asking if it's you? FUCK you. Be supportive. You know how he is. You should have stopped after "it happens to every guy at some point."

And, agreed. "I always show up with my bro up" is spectacular.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 08:11:21 am »

...and, yeah, The Lord's work is a motherfucker but she keeps on keeping on.

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you. I'll put that sentence in my pocket for when I have a Worry. Right next to my Worry Pills.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 01:41:02 pm »

Yep. And Molly, you lost some points for being a Bitch. For all Beef knows he has cancer of the dick and you're asking if it's you? FUCK you. Be supportive. You know how he is. You should have stopped after "it happens to every guy at some point."

Miles, you are just wrong here. Why is the guy the only one who's allowed to have sexual insecurities?

LFM hits it on the head. I know a little bit about what it's like to live with Roast Beef, and you guys just have to cut that girl some slack.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 01:49:31 pm »

I didn't actually read the text, I just saw Molly and figured 'bitch'. You guys might be overthinking it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 02:24:11 pm »

I was excessively harsh, sure, because I was drunk-ish, and of course not only guys are allowed insecurities. And I've always liked Molly. However, judging from the text itself, this hasn't happened to Beef before (at least not often). I would fully expect Beef to cut Molly some slack if she, say, just wasn't into it one evening, and not start accusing her of sleeping around. He probably wouldn't, and he'd be an asshole for it. But let me also say that Beef clearly wasn't just not into it, he simply wasn't able to get it up. If Molly had some sort of physiological issue that prevented her from getting it on, and Beef was just concerned about whether it had something to do with him, he'd be even more of an asshole for it.

And like it or not, the functionality of a dude's junk is inseparable from his sense of masculinity, which makes it all the more sensitive of a subject for Beef. I'm writing a paper on Onstad's investigation of phallic size and functionality and how it almost exclusively determines what it is to be a modern man. Usually he focuses on Ray in this area, but here we see him focusing on Beef's struggle to come to grips, ahem, with his masculinity. I'll post more about it later.

Or I could be over thinking it, like Doc said.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 02:42:44 pm »

As long as you don't use some ridiculous font, dude.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 02:46:05 pm »

I mean, I'm cool with overthinking.
That's basically how I spend most of my spare time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 03:05:11 pm »

As long as you don't use some ridiculous font, dude.

Seconded.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 03:26:47 pm »

It's really part of a series of lectures I'm developing on the subject. I'm also looking at the history of rock music. See, when Jimi Hendrix destroyed his guitar, one of two preeminent phallic symbols in American popular culture, he wasn't just being a badass rock star, he was deconstructing masculinity. However when Pete Townshend performed live with his signature windmill, he was merely beating off.

I also explore De Palma's Scarface. When Tony Montana, in a cocaine-fueled, gun-wielding rage (the gun being the other major phallic symbol, of course), shouts "say hello to my little friend," he's clearly compensating for his lack of size and his impotence in bed. His thought was "I may not be able to get it up, but I'll mow all you motherfuckers down." In the days before Viagra, cocaine was sometimes used to aide in sexual function. Perhaps Ray's white vanilla sheet cake is his sexual aide. His cocaine, if you will.

Most tellingly, as a white man sometimes writing in a black man's voice, Onstad is hinting at his own insecurities by referencing the "opposite race." For more on this, check out the series "Big Black Dicks, Little White Chicks." Particularly vol. 7, where a well-hung black male engages in coitus with a petite white woman, while her cuckolded, less well-endowed husband looks on helplessly, yet curiously aroused.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 07:47:10 pm »

Agreed. Couldnt have done it better myself.
Logged

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 09:09:38 pm »

Is there a way to become special enough to give away tiny cans of Dr. Pepper? I want to give one to miles.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 09:10:57 pm »

I think you have to post a certain number of times, like 20 or so. So: incentive to post more!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 09:22:37 pm »

Is there a way to become special enough to give away tiny cans of Dr. Pepper? I want to give one to miles.

I think you have to have 10 or 25 posts. And probably have a positive number of cans yourself.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »

It is always nice to welcome a new person into our folds. I was a new person, once. I mean, I'm not new anymore, right?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: February 26th, 2009 - A MAN IN WHOSE ****** HANGS THE SPECTER OF DEATH
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:09 pm »

n00b question
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up