Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread  (Read 11877 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 02:00:44 am »

I actually like Demitri Martin's stand-up. His new show is eh.

I'm pretty sure during the original arc we decided that Latino Health Crisis was Danny Trejo.

Wombat, Danny Trejo is the scary looking motherfucker in Robert Rodrigez movies (Desperado, Spy Kids). If you don't know who Steve Buscemi then I weep for you. You might as well not recognize Bruce Campbell.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 02:59:15 am »

There's a movie?

How can there be cats in it?

Wow.

Will it be in England (I assume I meant distributed)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:28:02 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 03:09:40 am »

Tehere's a bmovie?

how cna they get cats in it ?A

Wow

Will it bae in Enbgland ?

Sobriety fail! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 03:26:00 am »

Sobriety fail! 

Sorry.

Vodka not good.

Don't fail me.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:27:37 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 03:30:25 am »

Danny Trejo is basically exactly right, to the point where at the time I kind of assumed TLHC was a homage.
Jack Black as Ray would basically work, I mean we buy into Ray a bit too much, we humour him that he has style but he really doesn't. This is the cat that put kraft singles on uncooked tortilla chips.
I'm also thinking Steven Page from barenaked ladies but only because he looks perfect. I assume he can't act.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 06:06:52 am »

seriously? no love for craig robinson as ray? damn i thought i had that shit tight

jack black's probably seminal performance is in Orange County, but as someone lacking a penchant for movies in general, most especially the coming-of-age-teen movie genre, you might not dig it much. hell, i love most movies and especially that genre, and i barely enjoyed it, but like i said it's probably his seminal performance.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 12:30:00 pm »

Jack Black as Ray would basically work, I mean we buy into Ray a bit too much, we humour him that he has style but he really doesn't. This is the cat that put kraft singles on uncooked tortilla chips.

This is a good point.

I still don't know any of these other people. Cort, remember that the last movie I saw in a theater was.... uh, I don't remember the last movie I saw in a theater, and I have reverted to the most basic Netflix plan which I think is like one movie a month, and what I have from them right now is a disk of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that's been here for like two months without our getting around to watching it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 01:27:27 pm »

What season of Buffy?  Are you a fan or are you just getting started? 

If you get through all the DVDs I can mail-loan you my comic books!  </geek>


Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 01:51:15 pm »

We have never seen it. We are hoping that we like it so it will be years before we have to decide what to rent again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2009, 02:23:08 pm »

This is a good point.

I still don't know any of these other people. Cort, remember that the last movie I saw in a theater was.... uh, I don't remember the last movie I saw in a theater, and I have reverted to the most basic Netflix plan which I think is like one movie a month, and what I have from them right now is a disk of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that's been here for like two months without our getting around to watching it.

True, but both Danny Trejo and Steve Buscemi are very distinctive people. They are like the anti Bill Paxton/Pullman.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2009, 02:29:45 pm »

seriously? no love for craig robinson as ray? damn i thought i had that shit tight

I feel you, Choop. I think he fits my vision of Ray more than JB.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2009, 04:53:42 pm »

I was thinking about the Great Outdoor Fight movie last night and I tried to picture how it would play out as a live action movie.  For some reason my mind went to the episode where Ray finds himself in a hotel with Tina and she gives him a commodore.  That scene plays out like a Rob Schneider movie.  Notice I didn't say bad Rob Schneider movie because that would be redundant.

So yeah, in that scene Ray is played by Rob Schneider and Tina is Queen Latifah.  Teodor may or may not be played by Ben Affleck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 09:55:19 am »

And Todd's last name is "Squirrel". How are they going to square that? Maybe he could just be a little human drug addict whose nickname was "Todd the Squirrel".

I have nothing to add to this thread, except for the fact that my next door neighbor for one year of college chose to be called Squirrel, and he appeared to be human.

Also, one of my best friends chose Thumper as his nickname.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 10:20:44 pm »

Didn't he know the rule that you can't choose your own nickname?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2009, 03:28:02 am »

I think everyone knows The Sting Rule, some people just choose to ignore it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up