Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009  (Read 3497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« on: March 13, 2009, 09:43:27 pm »

Who shares a can of macro swill with eyeless strangers?  Lyle of course!
Is she talking around a mouthful of beer?  What's with the weird lip contortions?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:45:11 pm »

I think we either puked or fucked behind the beer tent.

Why either/or, Lyle?  Why not both?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

An alternative explanation for the lip weirdness would be behind-the-scenes meth mouth, but I don't recall hearing much about that in 1987.  People were still calling it crank as I recall.  Right demo though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 09:48:21 pm »

Oh god, that - is she a woman? - is horrific. In that other thread where people were complaining about not seeing this comic yet, I almost told them they were better off. My stomach is queasy and my eyes are burning. I am not sure how much more Lyle backstory I can take.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:11:25 pm »

At a Priest show, you might run into a cannibal named Death Steve.

At a Cure show, you might run into a guy named Death Apple blowing a dude named Steve.

Call me nuts but the former is preferable to the latter.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 10:16:06 pm »

Oh god, that - is she a woman? - is horrific. In that other thread where people were complaining about not seeing this comic yet, I almost told them they were better off. My stomach is queasy and my eyes are burning. I am not sure how much more Lyle backstory I can take.

Yesh, you're right.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 11:23:58 pm »

An already entertaining arc is made truly awesome by the inevitable tragedy now looming over the horizon.  I can't wait to find out how this develops into this.

I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 11:27:57 pm »

Oh yeah! Well played, good man. This will be fun.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 12:06:23 am »

An already entertaining arc is made truly awesome by the inevitable tragedy now looming over the horizon.  I can't wait to find out how this develops into this.

I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

Presumably it was her leaving him after Gator beat town.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 12:06:59 am »

I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

OMG, no. You are too modest, sir.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 04:54:17 am »

I almost -- no, I do -- feel like a cock to pipe up with "it's not 'a Jumbo Hole' it's 'some Jumbo Hole."  But there's an essential difference.

I am happy that Stad had the game to tie this in with still wearing a hat for her.  That is precision.
Logged

herofix

  • Guest
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 02:04:13 pm »

I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

Somebody mentioned this on January the 6th, but I can't for the life of me remember who it might have been.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 10:25:24 pm »

I totally missed the hat thing.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 10:40:18 pm »

I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

Somebody mentioned this on January the 6th, but I can't for the life of me remember who it might have been.
P.S. Darlene? (  <---credit to some person on Assetbar).

...I guess we'll never find out who it was, then.
P.S. You get a can from me anyway.


Also, from the same thread:
argh!  cameltoe!
You know, just in case Keith and Wombat weren't disgusted enough already.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up