Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409  (Read 3608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile

This gave me a few chuckles until the last panel, which just kills. I really like the idea of "retox".
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I would have gone with "Jesus Vlad uh I ain't even sat down yet," but it's a tough choice.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile

My friend used to say that he was an asshole while sober so the doctors put him into retox.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Vlad is going old school with the big mic and smoking on the air.

Wombat, that would be a great thread title, but as the final line I'd DQ it.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

The cartoonist mocks the ceaseless Internet bitching about his prolonged absences.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

That reminds me. From toothpastefordinner Drew's blog:

Quote
Superpoop updates four times this week (Tuesday thru Friday.) I figure if I start updating Superpoop inconsistently it'll win some webcomic awards. Wish me luck.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Great monologue from Vlad.  Although I'd quibble over the shekel/kopeck usage.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

nothin' but love for this strip. 

I love it so much, I want to adapt it for the stage. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

Achewood has so many great characters Chris doesn't eve use that much... It's a crime, really.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Achewood has so many great characters Chris doesn't eve use that much... It's a crime, really.

PAUCITY OF POSTING IMMEDIATELY OBSOLETE
NEW GRIPE: CHARACTER UNDERUTILIZATION
PARADIGM SHIFT IN FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE MARK
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile

PARADIGM SHIFT IN FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE MARK

When the hell are we gonna get the story of Chucklebot?  I don't even know if he's still rocking dude's cans!  He was into that way before Pat.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

I mean, Little Nephew is fuck*ng dead in some sort of limbo, for Nice Pete's sake.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

I've got mad love for 'The Brooding Prince of Denmarkup language.' but I do love a pun.

I really like old school smoking on the air Vlad too, Wombat. It's just exactly right.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

PAUCITY OF POSTING IMMEDIATELY OBSOLETE
NEW GRIPE: CHARACTER UNDERUTILIZATION
PARADIGM SHIFT IN FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE MARK

Tomorrow: Chicken.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm

Vlad is going old school with the big mic and smoking on the air.



Also, Beef's line is perfect.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up