I also bought everyone's text books with money from one of the clubs one semester.
The problem was that since we won a national award for the publication of which I was editor-in-chief our budget increased five-fold, yet we didn't really need anything more than about double our budget to put out what looked like a professionally printed thin paperback novel.
If we didn't use the money we'd lose it, and our budget would be curtailed the following year. The trick, I found, to getting an annual budget increase is to over-spend every year by a little bit - a few hundred dollars. The school would have to pay the printer bills for our publication and take it out of the following year's budget.
I believe I invented the idea of the budget deficit for student organisations. But I was told that they still follow my code book for exploiting the student funds.
And heck, we all paid into the fund anyway. And the administrators knew what we were doing, which was stretching, rather than breaking the rules (although that text book thing which we claimed were for the club library was stretching things - but most of us left the books behind for others in the club to use or sell anyway).
I think I usually sold mine back to the bookmobile though. So I guess that was terribly terribly wrong.