Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Daisy Owl  (Read 68099 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2009, 01:08:10 pm »

So was that his original rough sketch or what?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2009, 01:14:06 pm »

That is him messing with our minds.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2009, 04:12:01 pm »

Right - like I'm not going to click on that.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Liz

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2009, 06:31:06 pm »

The clickthrough looks to be the pre-shading linework. Open each image in its own tab and swap between them for a hypnotic effect.

The "google eyes" may be there as guidelines to make sure he spaces the eyedots properly, and also that he knows where to put the stress lines around the eyes like in panel 4. That's just a guess, though, since I don't know why that would result in Daisy getting pupil-dots. Or why he rotated the children in panel 6 just one degree counterclockwise for the finished product.

What I'm trying to say is that following an artist's process can be pretty weird, and maybe should not be attempted by anyone.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #289 on: September 24, 2009, 03:00:42 am »

...or possibly he just did it because it was hilarious?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #290 on: September 24, 2009, 03:02:04 am »

Best Occam's Razor pun gets a can and bragging rights.

GO!
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2009, 03:49:34 am »

I feel like he took the pre-shading linework and then just drew circles or pupils for each eye as appropriate.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2009, 03:58:20 am »

"Organizing his Nine Inch Nails collection became deceptively easy once he applied the principle of Occam's Reznor."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2009, 07:29:48 pm »

Day of the Bean: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-30

It's all about the eyebrows that little mark next to Owl's left eye.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2009, 07:56:30 pm »

I would enjoy Bean Day.





At first.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2009, 08:51:13 pm »

It's all about the eyebrows that little mark next to Owl's left eye.

Clearly Driscoll's unorthodox method of using googly eyes to plan out facial expressions has paid off again.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2009, 10:12:49 pm »

Which is nothing at all like a corn off.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2009, 12:24:48 am »

New at your local CVS, in the foot care department:  Corn Off!  From the makers of Fuck You, Hemorrhoid.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2009, 10:22:17 pm »

I have had a day when all I ate was beans.  See, during a particularly painful healing period post dental surgury, I went crazy for lack of meals or meat in particular anyway, having only been able to eat soft things like ice cream and such for what seemed like ages but was probably only a week or two.  For some reason I thought canned refried beans would fill the desire I had for substantial, high protien food stuffs.  No.  A few spoonfuls of refried beans was fine, but a whole bowl full?  I was too young at the time to have thought it through.  Surly with some sour cream, soft-ish salsa and melted cheese it would have been much more meal-like, but I was a young, foolish bean eater.  Or maybe it was bean day, only I didn't know it, being human and all.  Never again.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2009, 01:38:03 am »

I once ate 1 3/4 lbs of baked beans (all of a large-ish can) in one sitting. Just to see if I could. Man, I paid for it 6 hours later but I just had to see if I had it in me, ya know?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Up