Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Daisy Owl  (Read 68000 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2009, 12:06:24 am »

SPACE BABIES!

"heh, oh yeah."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2009, 01:32:11 am »

They have become the holy trinity.  Achewood, PBF and now Daisy Owl are the only three comics that I have read in it's entirety.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #332 on: October 20, 2009, 01:37:11 am »

Achewood, PBF and now Daisy Owl are the only three comics that I have read in it's entirety.

I would add The Parking Lot is Full and Lackadaisy to that list.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2009, 02:01:09 am »

On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #334 on: October 20, 2009, 05:20:39 am »

I'd kind of like to take a nap and wake up in the future. Unless it turned out like Demolition Man. That would suck. Or if the world was destroyed or something.

There was  Gumby episode with that premise that scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

I would add The Parking Lot is Full and Lackadaisy to that list.

The tragic thing about this list is that almost half the comics on it are no longer extant. In fact if we add A Lesson is Learned but the Damage is Irreversible it is half. Oh woe.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #335 on: October 20, 2009, 05:31:45 am »

On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.
Its certainly been my MO.  Life goes not backward, nor tarries with yesterday...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2009, 06:39:48 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28:00 am »

Wow. Daisy Owl has not worn off on me. It's still fun.

all those dumb bitches on assetbar that talk shit about you would be surprised to see that you do in fact, have a soul.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2009, 05:17:52 am »

You realise of course koolayd, that now you have discovered Ash's secret we will require you to stay.... forever.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #339 on: October 24, 2009, 11:16:35 pm »

You realise of course koolayd, that now you have discovered Ash's secret we will require you to stay.... forever.

could be worse...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #340 on: October 25, 2009, 04:29:13 pm »

On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.

I want to be Wombat when I grow up.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #341 on: October 25, 2009, 07:22:15 pm »

Quote from: wombat
On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.

I... have the sense of humour of a five-year-old, apparently, and took the use of the word "box" to reinterpret this as a statement about naughty tattoos.

But it also works the sane way!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #342 on: October 26, 2009, 02:04:25 am »

I... have the sense of humour of a five-year-old, apparently, and took the use of the word "box" to reinterpret this as a statement about naughty tattoos.

But it also works the sane way!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2009, 02:13:55 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #344 on: October 26, 2009, 08:07:33 am »

There could be snakes.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up