Or, in other words, movies that force you to watch them, regardless of what time it is or whatever else it is that you should be doing.
I'm interested in what movies make you stay up all night on a school/work night, forego cuddling with your SO, neglect your appetite - when your flipping through channels and you see a scene or hear a snippet of dialog and your hooked for at least an hour. As you can see from the list, sometimes it's because the movie is JUST THAT BAD...
Inserted Edit here: [edit]The movies that make you do this might be good movies or bad movies. In my case, quite often they are bad movies but that's just me. I'm wondering what movies make you watch them. [/edit]
Usually, these would be movies on free TV. Generally on TBS, USA, TNN, or latenight local channels. With Commercials. Or in the case of latenight, commercials featuring models enticing you to call a fat woman with a mustache on a 1-900 number.
I can not walk away from:
Big Trouble in Little China
Conan the Barbarian
McQ (this one is a source of shame)
The Maltese Falcon
Seventh Voyage of Sinbad
Food of the Gods
Them (Note that any movie about bugs will probably work)
Empire of the Ants
Phase IV
13th Warrior (more shame)
Midway / The Longest Day
Dirty Dozen
Magnificent Seven
Walking Tall (Bo Svenson one, not Joe Don Baker one)
Any Dirty Harry Movie
I'm embarrassed now, but I'm wondering if any of you suffer from compulsive movie watching as well. If not, I guess I can always try therapy. Or get TIVO and watch them over and over til I am desensitized.