Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: less than three  (Read 7285 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cioran

  • Guest
less than three
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:13:39 pm »

One thing that sets Aches apart is compassion.

Only those characters are treated callously that show no compassion themselves - Pat and Nolan for example.

Onstad has taken Schulz's place.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:56:30 am »

Come on, really? You're now postulating that we don't see compassion in any other webcomics? Go back to your room and don't come out until you're willing to apply yourself young man.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:56:57 am »

don't come out until you're willing to apply yourself young man.

Pssst.  I think Cioran is a young lady.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:05:11 am »

Yeah, I know but 'young man' sounds better.
I'm also not entirely sure whether s/he's a troll or not and trolls always claim to be young girls from california.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: less than three
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:12:09 am »

Hiding behind false chivalry is definitely an indirect tool of defense by internet trolls, definitely.

It comes from the lonely ol' BBS smalltimes where a maladjusted dude would defend to the death anyone proposing to be a woman for the same of the one thin chance... one thin chance... that his playing the white knight in a chatroom for a person with a pu$$y, right wrong or crazy, could lead to the unlikely event of getting his c*ck wet for the first time in a long time.

And... like... there are still pockets of the internet where those souls exist.

It's a good, if blunt and crude, exploit to throw out there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Leon

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 09:47:05 am »


It comes from the lonely ol' BBS smalltimes where a maladjusted dude would defend to the death anyone proposing to be a woman for the same of the one thin chance... one thin chance... that his playing the white knight in a chatroom for a person with a pu$$y, right wrong or crazy, could lead to the unlikely event of getting his c*ck wet for the first time in a long time.


Logged
... Boned ?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 11:56:30 am »

Only those characters are treated callously that show no compassion themselves - Pat and Nolan for example.

Clearly.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 12:02:16 pm »

Clearly.

I spent a good minute there getting increasingly frustrated that I couldn't get the alt-text to appear by mousing over the comic.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 02:53:19 pm »

Pssst.  I think Cioran is a young lady.

I just realized that Cioran must be my alternate self from a parallel universe in which my time-travel experiments were a success. 

This is just the kind of thing I'd have done if we'd had Internets when I was fifteen.  As it was, I had to wait 'til I was 17 to fully blossom into an arrogant blowhard. 

I knew there was a reason I liked Cioran.  Reminds me of myself as a pup. 

You realize of course, that if I secretly believe s/he lied on her profile, this whole message is a shrouded insult, but if I believe that s/he is who she says she is, it's the utmost compliment.  Which do I intend?  That information is classified. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 07:39:00 pm »

Only those characters are treated callously that show no compassion themselves - Pat and Nolan for example.

Nolan showed no compassion but also showed no special absence thereof. He displayed no greater crime than an inordinate interest in photographs of strange things, and when he was sent an invitation from somebody who appeared to be offering his desired product he responsed with great enthusiasm. In exchange for this, he was assumed to be a pedophile and killed.

Is the absence of circumstances in which to display special compassion also a crime worthy of punishment?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 07:50:21 pm »

Nolan showed no compassion but also showed no special absence thereof. He displayed no greater crime than an inordinate interest in photographs of strange things, and when he was sent an invitation from somebody who appeared to be offering his desired product he responsed with great enthusiasm. In exchange for this, he was assumed to be a pedophile and killed.

Is the absence of circumstances in which to display special compassion also a crime worthy of punishment?

He's also a critic.  Critics are pretty compassionless, right?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 07:57:06 pm »

Also, it's not clear that Nolan was actually killed or that Ray actually hired anyone to create a death relationship with Nolan.  Perhaps the threat was sufficient. 

Although I'm sure that Nice Pete could think of an apt way to dispatch a guy who looks like Edgar Allen Poe.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 11:52:29 pm »

My heart's explodin'! The possibilities!
Logged

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: less than three
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 02:34:23 am »

Clearly.

That was early times, before the characters had really developed. Like how in the early part of the Bible God is really mean but later gets a bit nicer.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: less than three
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 03:01:15 am »

I just realized that Cioran must be my alternate self from a parallel universe in which my time-travel experiments were a success. 

This is just the kind of thing I'd have done if we'd had Internets when I was fifteen.  As it was, I had to wait 'til I was 17 to fully blossom into an arrogant blowhard. 

I knew there was a reason I liked Cioran.  Reminds me of myself as a pup. 

You realize of course, that if I secretly believe s/he lied on her profile, this whole message is a shrouded insult, but if I believe that s/he is who she says she is, it's the utmost compliment.  Which do I intend?  That information is classified. 

Naw, Cioran is really Onstad.

Or Jough. Or Gina.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up