Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes  (Read 4627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 04:51:15 pm »

I could never survive on 6 hours of sleep.  I do best on 9 hours.  If I get less than 7 for a few nights in a row, I start having SYMPTOMS. 

The longest I've slept at a stretch, not including illness, is 14 hours.  That is a champion amount of sleep to be having without involving medication. 

If only my kids slept, you know, ever. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 11:00:09 pm »

If I could live as I pleased, I would go to bed around 3AM and get up at noon.  Until May 1st, I'll be getting up at my normal time of 5AM because I have an hourlong commute and work a flex schedule of four 10-hour days.

When I get back to Alaska, I think I'll sleep in until 5:30, get up in time to go work out at 6AM, then come back and get ready for work. Cook an actual breakfast. It will be so refreshing to get back to a lifestyle where I spent 4 to 8 minutes per day in my car, as opposed to the 140+ minutes that I currently spend. I hate wasting time, and it will be sooooo great to get to spend more of my time how I choose.

Although I'm over the moon at the thought of returning to my homeland, the shitty part is that my boyfriend and kitty cannot come with me. :-(
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 02:27:20 am »

Quote
I could never survive on 6 hours of sleep.  I do best on 9 hours.  If I get less than 7 for a few nights in a row, I start having SYMPTOMS.

The longest I've slept at a stretch, not including illness, is 14 hours.  That is a champion amount of sleep to be having without involving medication.

If only my kids slept, you know, ever.

Yeah, I need a lot of sleep to function. After days where I have crazy sleep schedules I always need a day where I completely ignore all responsibilities and sleep.
Which is why my work piles up.

I think I've slept 14 hours or more before... but maybe I'm making that up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 06:51:04 am »

Living better through chemistry?
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 01:40:48 am »

Quote from: Harlock Hero
...weeping for 3 hours straight over a photograph of a Super Soaker.

A Super Soaker killed my great-grandfather. The Hasbro company, then known as Hassenfeld Bros. Inc., sent a telegram to my great-gandmother. It read, "YOUR HUSBAND IS DEAD."
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 01:58:16 am »

Oh god, I lol'd.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 06:38:32 am »

Man that post is so true.  I love drugs, but I think the best way to get fucked up may be sleep deprivation, with or without amphetamines.  It is its own thing, but you are as fucked as any drug will get you, naturally.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 12:25:52 pm »

Well now I'm even more mystified about the appeal of drugs. You want to feel that way on purpose??
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 06:33:22 pm »

Well, what if you're in a hurry to get out of your head, and you don't want to wait 26 hours?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 08:58:45 pm »

I guess I smoke the whole time, which makes you feel better for longer and out of your head just a bit while you wait.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up