Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Tis the season...for grilling  (Read 12473 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 03:32:28 pm »

Caraway and cumin taste nothing similar to me.  Caraway has a sort of licorice-y taste while cumin's flavor is sort of earthy/peppery.

Caraway tastes like pain and suffering to me. It's kind of like cilantro that way.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 03:36:43 pm »

Caraway tastes like pain and suffering to me. It's kind of like cilantro that way.

I thought you liked the steak?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 03:42:35 pm »

I thought you liked the steak?


I actually didn't have any of the steak. And I'm glad I didn't because I really hate caraway. The burgers were good, though.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 03:45:39 pm »

I actually didn't have any of the steak. And I'm glad I didn't because I really hate caraway. The burgers were good, though.

Burgers had 'em too. OH SNAP
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 05:03:21 pm »

Burgers had 'em too. OH SNAP


Huh. I guess it was just little enough that I didn't notice. Or the bacon covered it up. I just know that I can't eat rye bread or that cracker-type deal you get at Indian restaurants.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 05:25:15 pm »

Huh. I guess it was just little enough that I didn't notice. Or the bacon covered it up. I just know that I can't eat rye bread or that cracker-type deal you get at Indian restaurants.

The cracker-type deal is cumin!!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 05:55:08 pm »

The cracker-type deal is cumin!!

Well apparently I don't like the taste of whole cumin or caraway. Which is weird because I'm fine with ground cumin.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 02:06:13 am »

poultry + celery seed + sage = mouthgasm
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 02:38:18 am »

poultry + celery seed + sage = mouthgasm

I don't eat poultry - you think it would work with a lean cut of pork, similarly brined?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 05:18:16 am »

chop no, loin yes. of course those are just the focus seasonings; i never skip the salt and pepper and often add a bit of rosemary, garlic, and dried red pepper flake
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 02:21:36 pm »

chop no, loin yes. of course those are just the focus seasonings; i never skip the salt and pepper and often add a bit of rosemary, garlic, and dried red pepper flake

i'd imagine chops would be nice with some mirin and  long pepper
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 09:01:25 pm »

Why no poultry, Bobby?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 12:24:50 am »

Why no poultry, Bobby?

He don't like chicks.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:44 am »

Why no poultry, Bobby?

chicken: the texture of dark meat makes me gag and white meat is too dry and flavorless
turkey: as above
duck: too fatty
goose: turkey and duck's problems combined
cornish hen: bone to meat ratio insufficent
quail: see above, add fattiness

I find that most of my lighter-meat needs can be fulfilled with pork or rabbit.

There are a few notable exceptions. My aunt makes very good Tandoori chicken and there is a restaurant near here that makes an excellent Congolese duck.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis the season...for grilling
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 09:13:03 am »

Man.  Oh man.  I am going to be able to have a grill again.  Technically I can have a gas grill at my apartment now, but no one ever said "I can taste the propane flavor" in an appreciative way.

I'm probably going to burn everything for the first week or so until I get used to cooking with fire again.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up