Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rediscovered Favorites  (Read 8235 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2003, 08:04:42 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
C'Arica (my student) sure thinks so. But nobody else has ever mentioned it. Maybe they're too polite?

On second thought... I'm not entirely sure that I can take the testimony of anyone named "C'Arica" that seriously. I would expect them to constantly be breaking out into Young-Adult fantasy adventures.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 08:37:43 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Mite"
C'Arica (my student) sure thinks so. But nobody else has ever mentioned it. Maybe they're too polite?

On second thought... I'm not entirely sure that I can take the testimony of anyone named "C'Arica" that seriously. I would expect them to constantly be breaking out into Young-Adult fantasy adventures.


I heard she's a ho. She was datin' Raistlin then dumped him for his jock brother Caramon. Grade A Skank.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2003, 08:54:33 pm »

Slink: I like Bach while I'm working.  I can't listen to Mozart and write at the same time - he's just too involving.

Ditto Beethoven, who is just so totally punk fuck*ng rock.

I listened to all sorts of things as a kid, and still do, although I'm finding new music just isn't working for me as much as old.  I've been listening to a lot of 30s and 40s music lately - swing and cabaret.  I guess styles change.

And the Beach Boys.  I've been listening to a lot of Beach Boys lately.

-- Jough

P.S. LOL Cort.  I heard that about C'Arica too, although I think she was seeing Jamon and Udugu on the side.  Ho.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2003, 09:59:55 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I heard she's a ho. She was datin' Raistlin then dumped him for his jock brother Caramon. Grade A Skank.

You're my new hero. Dragonlance chronicles represent, yo.

Not that I'd know anything about something as geeky as D&D trade paperback series...or anything like that...
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2003, 11:22:33 pm »

I loved those books when I was in like 5th grade. But after the first 6 they dropped off pretty rapidly. It made me pretty sad, actually.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2003, 11:23:22 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I heard she's a ho. She was datin' Raistlin then dumped him for his jock brother Caramon. Grade A Skank.

You're my new hero. Dragonlance chronicles represent, yo.

Not that I'd know anything about something as geeky as D&D trade paperback series...or anything like that...

Man, Mite, you beat me to the "hey, I get that reference! I'm such a dork" post. But, yes, I get that reference, and I am such a dork.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2003, 12:10:49 am »

I didn't get the reference.  Of course, I'm a geek, not a dork.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Rediscovered Favorites
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2003, 12:32:03 am »

That's ok, jough, I didn't get yours, either.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up