Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Merchandise Sales  (Read 13064 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« on: August 01, 2003, 05:20:42 am »

I wonder if Onstad has considered the fact that his message board really drives merchandise sales.  I predict a marked decrease in merchandise sales, but we will have no way of ever knowing this to be fact.  If he starts suddenly hawking the shit out of it on his site (like he don't now, right) that would be one clue though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
merchandise
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 05:32:25 am »

Well, this does kinda make me feel less motivated to buy stuff, but there is also the fact that I'm canadian and it is so goddamn expensive to buy stuff in this manner, i.e. the internet.
Logged
goose means greedy

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 05:41:05 am »

I'll probably still buy if it's a good item ..seriously I buy anything if it's good

It may be bad for Onstad that he no longer has the forum to run it past everyone before making a new design though
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 05:43:32 am »

He'll probably lurk here.  Or sign on as a phantom user.  

Heck, he could be ANY ONE OF US.

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 06:18:05 am »

This is annoying:  I've ordered a t-shirt of Ray getting his sugar balls on and some buttons at the beginning of june.  It's the end of July now.  I wrote, and he said I'd be getting them -- what, last week?  Damnit.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Stock
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 02:12:03 pm »

I bet not having a message board any more will free him up to create some new designs.  For me, it's the variety of different shirts (all of which are absolutely brilliant) that causes me to reflexively reach into my back pocket.  Between my husband and I, we own 6 different designs.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Stock
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 09:11:09 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I bet not having a message board any more will free him up to create some new designs.  


     I'm still hoping for a Nightlife Mingus "the sign will be that life is awesome" design, myself.
Logged

richter

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.permutation.org
Re: Stock
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 09:37:49 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
I'm still hoping for a Nightlife Mingus "the sign will be that life is awesome" design, myself.


We can only hope. I get compliments every time I wear my "Everybody dance" shirt.   :D
Logged
i'll get linda blair all up in this biznatch

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 09:42:23 pm »

Yea, I want a 'life is awesome' tee. That and I must get round to the 'ass in your #####' tee too. Damn lack of money!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2003, 03:02:35 am »

Do you think a Nice Pete tee would be too creepy?  Or how about the chicken with the wee-wee?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2003, 03:26:13 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Do you think a Nice Pete tee would be too creepy?  Or how about the chicken with the wee-wee?


That would be ding-dong  :wink:
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 03:17:35 pm »

I like supporting the store, but I had such a rueful experience with the only purchase I've made (yes, during the ramp-up to int'l achewood day), as well as been mightily frustrated by the O when trying to discuss the store in public, that I can't really see myself getting any more achewood merch until I've at least gotten some h*r merch, at least a couple more dining room chairs, some prints that need framing framed, a new pair of casual slacks, and a fryer of some sort for my kitchen.

I know he needs the money, but I'm in no way settled and prepared to dole out $25 for each shirt, plus books, stickers, and buttons, until the rest of my shit's taken care of.

What about MY needs?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 07:33:54 pm »

And we about due for book 3? 1 covered the beginning through 6/02, then 2 was 6/02–12/02 and here it is August.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2003, 11:14:30 pm »

I'm still holding out for the Sanryobuki Liver shirt, but I figure there's not really much hope at this point.

On a slightly different, hopefully on-topic merchandise note, has anyone else there ever sort of wanted an Achewood URL on t-shirts and such? On one hand, I appreciate the purity of design, but on the other, it'd be nice to be able to spread the news without having to enter into awkward conversations ("no, I am not the 'special boy.' That's the boy on the t-shirt. And he's an otter") and slip people URLs in the middle.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2003, 08:13:16 pm »

I ordered "it is impossible to have a good day" because I just don't like most of his shirt designs. That's neither here or there. When I ordered the stickers, they didn't come for a few weeks and I wrote to him and asked what was up. Of course, the stickers showed up really soon after that, and then like a week later, two more sets of stickers showed up. I don't kick about his merchandising.

Also, the thread got locked but I noticed that it now says Links: (couldn't find any)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up