Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Karaoke!  (Read 6566 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Karaoke!
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2003, 05:19:48 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Does this mean there's not going to be any nad kicking?  


Nope.  I actually love Jough, and regret that I won't be able to engage in improv porno with him this holiday season.  

Anytime anyone does Minnie Riperton's "Loving You" karaoke-style, life is beautiful.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Karaoke!
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2003, 06:13:45 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Include me out of the improv porno. I suspect I wouldn't be any good at it anyway.


We will be auditioning backstage fluffers and Pube Stylists as well, so there will be something for everyone!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Karaoke!
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2003, 06:24:03 pm »

I've seen various improv groups because I know a lot of people who do improv.  They're always the least funny people I know.

It's odd, because I loved "Whose Line is it, Anyway?" but again, it followed the 90/10 rule where only every tenth joke/gag was actually funny.

But man, that Greg Proops cracked me up all the time, and not just because of that name.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Karaoke!
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2003, 07:54:24 pm »

It's weird watching the british Whose Line vs. Drew Carey's. On the british one somebody's quirk would be "series of holiday snaps." On our's it would be "vampire who is turning into a lemming with ADD."

I miss those simpler times.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Karaoke!
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2003, 02:23:10 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's weird watching the british Whose Line vs. Drew Carey's. On the british one somebody's quirk would be "series of holiday snaps." On our's it would be "vampire who is turning into a lemming with ADD."

I miss those simpler times.

I have actually seen this come up in real-life improv theater games -- long arguments about "but, but, but... you couldn't possibly have reasonably expected me to guess 'Gimli with gravity-intensifying superpowers and a full vocabularity of Bulgarian profanity' as a quirk!"
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up