Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun w/ Excel  (Read 11034 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 02:14:42 am »


Apparently Wombats been sleeping better and drinking more or something because her figments have been jumping.

Dang, I have hardly been drinking at all, does this mean that's a good thing?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 02:27:35 am »

I had an Excel crisis at work yesterday. Instead of figuring it out my friend fixed it for me. I'll never learn this way.

It helps to learn something if that something has some kind of structure or organization to it... 

You can think of computer programs and GUI interfaces as forms of language.  Even if you don't know a specific regional or ethnic dialect of a language that you speak, you can sort of parse your way to a useful understanding.

You can think of Microsoft products as the language of someone who is fairly drunk.  If you don't speak that person's dialect fluently.... learning from a drunk person ain't the best approach.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2010, 02:35:43 am »

Quote from: theinevitable link=topic=5016.msg134551#msg134551 date=1248228213

Wait, so, should i post [i
more[/i] about my stupid inane personal life, or less?

MOAR.  Your life is very different from mine, and also interesting.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »

That... 35 or so of the new members this year were all iterations of the same troll?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2010, 02:52:56 am »

That.

Also, hey fuck I been trying, you know, doin' my part.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2010, 03:30:23 pm »

I will commit to starting a new topic today.  I've just got to think of something worth talking about.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »

I will commit to starting a new topic today.  I've just got to think of something worth talking about.

Again, you don't have to make it interesting. Look at the topics I've started since I've been back!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2010, 06:14:34 pm »

The naked boss topic is quality.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2010, 05:16:48 am »

I've started more topics than anyone else here, but rarely are they naked boss quality.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 05:18:42 am »

I've started 19 topics.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 02:45:32 pm »

That was a pretty random bump, smick. I've started maybe 100? I didn't look.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:39 pm »

Ah... I uh... tend to not read all of the topics.   So when I hit "unread topics" I get a showing of 15-20 topics that may not have any anchoring in time/space.   
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 05:45:28 pm »

Well, I'm not going to argue with the tiny can king.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up