Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?  (Read 20209 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 02:23:34 am »

I am sure some of them are perfectly nice people. they just like something really stupid. lots of people who I like like stupid things. but this combination of horrible hip-hop, horrible metal, horrible band names, horrible fake sports... it is just too much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 03:35:20 am »

all that just reminds me of a a kid.  a 3 year old kid who is mad at her mommy and daddy.  she finds the scissors and cuts off a giant chunk of her hair.  she knows mommy and daddy are going to be SO pissed and she cant wait to see their faces when they notice!

hell, it worked for manson.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 05:41:06 am »

Yeah, his folks were probably disappointed with how he turned out.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 05:47:49 pm »

I am sure some of them are perfectly nice people. they just like something really stupid. lots of people who I like like stupid things. but this combination of horrible hip-hop, horrible metal, horrible band names, horrible fake sports... it is just too much.

hey, krumping is actually Hard Work and also a sociological thing
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 05:07:46 am »

There is a white trash part of me that non-ironically wants to attend this thing.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 05:26:38 am »

I'd go, but I don't think I could justify the financial expense.

Strictly in an observational capacity, of course. For science.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 05:30:48 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 05:47:39 am »

Show up dressed as Star Trek officers, as if you are scouting a new planet.

NEVER break character.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 01:21:44 am »

I thought I had posted this, but it is not here:

Is the clown-aspect of Krumping because it is affiliated with juggaloes? I did not know.

Also, the wikipedia page has separate links to Popping and Locking (See Also: Popping, Locking). I have only ever heard these words used together (he's popping and locking).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 01:57:34 am »

Show up dressed as Star Trek officers, as if you are scouting a new planet.

NEVER break character.

But, but, the Prime Directive?!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 02:25:28 am »

One of the greatest things about Star Trek was that the Prime Directive was one of the central ideas of the series...

But most of the time, the point of having it there was to have the characters stand up and break the thing whenever there was the slightest hint of a reason to, as long as the reason was a Kennedy-esque left-wing war-hawk kind of reason such as reversing an injustice that they accidentally participated in or what have you. Every other episode, there was the space equivalent of a Darfur where all the left-wing space pacifists would suddenly do a 180 and be all like "we hate violence... but lets blow up that ship of people accidentally making a group of space frogs extinct... for the frogs!"

Right-wing-style interventionism was so wrong that the Major Rule of the show was forbidding it... but the second that liberal-guilt white-man's-burden interventionism was an option, those motherfuckers just barreled in with laser guns and ion bombs and fucked some shit right up. And I say this as a card carrying bleeding heart everything, it was just such a beautiful microcosm of that kind of ideology.

Y'know... Kirk ain't supposed to fuck no green ladies... but if the green lady WANTS it, hell, who is Kirk to deny her the Siege Tiberius?

So too for this. Some old spaceship crash accidentally left a bunch of shitty rap metal and clown make-up on a planet of fat white trash that didn't know no better and it accidentally created this abomination. Federation is scouting out how to make shit right that once went wrong and hoping that the next leap is the leap home. Gotta just run with that premise and NEVER BREAK CHARACTER.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 04:28:19 am »

phasers.

* hands smets one onion offense card *
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 05:03:01 am »

Show up dressed as Star Trek officers, as if you are scouting a new planet.

NEVER break character.

attn: sacha baron cohen
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 05:21:20 am »

I know they're called "phasers" I just...

Calling them "laser guns" seemed more appropriately ridiculous.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 06:46:37 pm »

http://twitter.com/wigu/status/3107501805

Jeffrey Rowland knows the score.

LATER THAT DAY: OH SHIIIT
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:15:47 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:59:57 pm »





[[dryheave]]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up