Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 21970 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2009, 02:01:44 am »

Salt-n-Pepa - Push It

I dare you to not have the intro clawing your brains for the next 30 minutes,
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Earworms
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2009, 02:32:05 am »

I did guys and dolls and wizard of oz, too! I was also in the non-musical plays.
I enjoyed it at the time, but I left that stuff in high school and never looked back.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Earworms
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2009, 04:03:58 am »

I am still working on coining the term "clambake" as the distaff term for "sausage party" and I had hoped that this thread was evidence of my success.

I approve of this, and wish you luck.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2009, 04:37:12 pm »

I was Officer Krupke in West Side Story.  I developed a gigantic bruise on my arm from being knocked on my ass in rehearsal every day.

My high school marching band did West Side Story one year. I used to think the injuries I sustained from drill written with very little room for error during encounters with the flag corps and their props were the worst part of the whole production, but those have long since healed. Today's broadcast will go something like: MAAAARRRRIIIIIAAAAAAA! I feel PRETTY! When you're a JET... I want to be in AMERICA... blast and damnation.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2009, 06:48:29 pm »

I played in the orchestra for one show in college.  It was Man of La Mancha.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2009, 06:54:14 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2009, 06:59:30 pm »

all 3

dang, it took you a while to see that.  I laughed when I posted it!  And for at least two days afterwards.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2009, 06:19:37 pm »

I have the same bit of music stuck in my mind for the last three days. Music I myself wrote. You would think that would be cool. It is Not.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2009, 06:34:14 am »

dang, it took you a while to see that.  I laughed when I posted it!  And for at least two days afterwards.

im not always quick on the uptake.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2009, 12:15:12 am »

I have a couple very long-term earworms that I unconsciously start humming now and then. Have done for years:


1) Quantum Leap Theme.

2) I am the Resurrection Guitar Solo.

WHY????!
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2009, 12:19:56 am »



1) Quantum Leap Theme.



This used to be my general-purpose ringtone.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Earworms
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2009, 12:48:23 am »

my general-purpose ringtone is the "Keyboard Cat" song and it makes me smile every time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2009, 03:03:57 am »

My lady was physically repulsed by my old ringtone "Sweet Child O Mine" so I eventually changed it to "Wish You Were Here" which she does not care for but is not actively offended by.

She did not let me count this as a replacement for any kind of holiday or event related presents, though.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2009, 03:15:58 am »

My favorite ringtone was the one my ex had set on her phone which was ahhhnold counting reps (I assume it was from an old workout tape?) over "Don't Stop Believing."
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2009, 03:18:17 am »

What is the ringtone that is just someone whistling? Its from something, kind of eerie... yeah I know real helpful. I had a friend who used it and I have no idea how to find it. It would always make everyone look around for the person that was whistling.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up